School soda bans don't cut kids consumption

No surprise here...

Here is the scary part: :o

"I wouldn't see this as a failure, it's just that that's not going to be enough. To reduce sweetened beverage consumption, and ultimately to reduce obesity, it's going to take more comprehensive policy initiatives."

"Those policy changes might include increased taxes on sugar-sweetened drinks or restrictions on sports drink and soda marketing to kids, he told Reuters Health."

:o:o

1320900796[/url]' post='101095']

No surprise here...

Here is the scary part: :o

"I wouldn't see this as a failure, it's just that that's not going to be enough. To reduce sweetened beverage consumption, and ultimately to reduce obesity, it's going to take more comprehensive policy initiatives."

"Those policy changes might include increased taxes on sugar-sweetened drinks or restrictions on sports drink and soda marketing to kids, he told Reuters Health."

:o:o

So true.

We have a high school on our route that does only products that pass the California health code requirement and for example the snack machine does like $80/day during the lunch period. It's mostly hot cheetos too :-)

So true.

We have a high school on our route that does only products that pass the California health code requirement and for example the snack machine does like $80/day during the lunch period. It's mostly hot cheetos too :-)

$80 a day doesn't sound too bad to me Chris. Was that a typo?

Poplady1

$80 a day doesn't sound too bad to me Chris. Was that a typo?

Poplady1

No, not at all. It's a huge high school that does maybe $7500 a month. Ironically, the snack machine that does $80 a day is only open for a couple of hours. When we installed the machine, the kids were literally lining up. I'd never seen anything like it.

Archived