Can I move a Toy Soldier Crane on its back?

VBVending

I just bought my first Toy Soldier Crane and it is in perfect condition. I do not want to damage it and I need to move it about 60 miles.

Does it need to stay upright or can I lay it down softly in a pickup truck bed on blankets and tie it down to secure it?

I want to move it as soon as possible. I'll have to wait a week or so to move it upright in a box truck or pay an additional $125 to rent a truck.

Thanks for any and all information you can share with me.

I would always recommend getting the game on a pallet upright and securing it via cables for transportation.

60 miles isn't that bad though, if the bed of the truck is well padded with blankets you could probably make the journey alright. Aesthetically it should do fine, barring any rain or accidents. There is probably a higher chance of some wiring coming loose though due to the vibrations. This can be easily fixed, and seeing as you have the plasma TV business going for you as well I'm sure you know how to handle finding the bad connections and such. (Can always call tech support as well, ICE is a great company)

However you end up moving it, make sure to zip tie the claw and motor assembly up there very well so its not shaking around and hitting the inside of the machine. This will also prevent a lot of problems the claw may receive if not properly secured.

Again, secure the claw and claw motor assembly. Call ICE and ask how to do this if your unsure, or it may be in the manual as well...can't remember. (just a few zip ties are needed)

i moved my machines on their back but i took the claw car out first... without that its basically a big empty box

oh additionally, if you call a arcade repair or vending repair they can move them upright for less than 125 local arcade repair guy charges about 50 bucks vending repair 75

If its plugged in or can be give it a free play and move the claw to the back wall and drop it to the floor. Once there kill the power. If the floor of the crane isnt screwed down you can use a spring loaded shower curtain rod between the floor and top. We move 31 smart cranes and 42 rainbow cranes in our minivan.

Mike

Thanks for all the advice !!!

I had a very successful first move !

1- I rented a 5x8 Uhaul trailer for $18.00

2- I recruited a few buddies.

3- I put a single mattress down inside the trailer to absorb any shock. ( A Must Do !!)

4- We moved the crane claw all the way to the back and let it go all the way down into the push and pulled the plug. ( A Must Do !!)

5- The 3 of us leaned the crane on its back and placed it on the mattress inside the trailer.

6- We put pillows, blankets on each side of the crane and added a few ropes to secure the bottom from moving side to side.

7- 65 miles and not a scratch.

Thanks guys for all your input.

This forum is the %#@^!!!

Now - Where is the best and/or Cheapest place to buy quality plush?

Now - Where is the best and/or Cheapest place to buy quality plush?

A and A global industries

Rhode Island Novelty - Check out the Knobby Balls. Cheap, customers love em, great prize overall. (Lots of places carry Knobby Balls, RIN is the cheapest I've seen though)

Redemption Plus

HMS Monaco

Sureshot Redemption

There's a lot more...those are the ones that come to mind.

• 1 month later...

I just bought my first Toy Soldier Crane and it is in perfect condition. I do not want to damage it and I need to move it about 60 miles.

Does it need to stay upright or can I lay it down softly in a pickup truck bed on blankets and tie it down to secure it?

I want to move it as soon as possible. I'll have to wait a week or so to move it upright in a box truck or pay an additional $125 to rent a truck.

Thanks for any and all information you can share with me.

Hello,

Push the trolly system back as far as possible,so its next to the glass mirror.You can place a piece of cardboard between the trolly and

glass to keep the mirror from breaking....2nd choice take the whole trolly off and lay it on the bottom of the crane.You will need help too

tip the crane back slowly and lay it down on its back and slide it in truck or van.Please take your time and have help crane will kick out

because of the wheels.When you stand it back up make sure the trolly is sitting on the track before powering up the crane.

Archived