Chance to go from small to big with 106 1-800's

jb5580

I have a dialog currently going on with someone selling 106, 1800 machines, 43 on locations the rest in storage. he also has another 32 canisters in boxes as well. All are keyed the same which is very nice. The route itself is showing very poor sales figures though, so if they are accurate probably 10 or 12 of the machines will have to be pulled making it a 30 machine route. Also, it is about 3 hours from my home so I would need to probably make it an every 60 day service cycle and hope I don't get any service calls or complaints in between. Its overwhelming to think of so many machines at once, were would I keep them, how big of a truck would I need to pick them up, etc. But it is also in my thinking a very great opportunity to get excellent equipment to build a large route in my area or maybe 4, 20 machine routes in and around my town.

He is asking $10,000 which is to much obviously. I sent him an offer of $5000 for all of it. He came back with $8000. My final offer will be $6000 and if he accepts it, that will be $56.60 a machine with 43 on locations and 32 extra canisters. What do you guys think of this opportunity. Also, do any of you currently service a route about 200 miles from home and if so, does it go okay for you. Also, how much truck will I need for 63 1800 triples plus the boxes of canisters,and how much room in my house(my wife is going to kill me!)?

This will take me off of my original model of building a route with NW60 singles vending GB's, but at this price I can have them located and making money for much less, and still vend the GB's in the middle out of these machines.

I have a dialog currently going on with someone selling 106, 1800 machines, 43 on locations the rest in storage. he also has another 32 canisters in boxes as well. All are keyed the same which is very nice. The route itself is showing very poor sales figures though, so if they are accurate probably 10 or 12 of the machines will have to be pulled making it a 30 machine route. Also, it is about 3 hours from my home so I would need to probably make it an every 60 day service cycle and hope I don't get any service calls or complaints in between. Its overwhelming to think of so many machines at once, were would I keep them, how big of a truck would I need to pick them up, etc. But it is also in my thinking a very great opportunity to get excellent equipment to build a large route in my area or maybe 4, 20 machine routes in and around my town.

He is asking $10,000 which is to much obviously. I sent him an offer of $5000 for all of it. He came back with $8000. My final offer will be $6000 and if he accepts it, that will be $56.60 a machine with 43 on locations and 32 extra canisters. What do you guys think of this opportunity. Also, do any of you currently service a route about 200 miles from home and if so, does it go okay for you. Also, how much truck will I need for 63 1800 triples plus the boxes of canisters,and how much room in my house(my wife is going to kill me!)?

This will take me off of my original model of building a route with NW60 singles vending GB's, but at this price I can have them located and making money for much less, and still vend the GB's in the middle out of these machines.

I forgot to ad that I will be able to stay over night in this town for $32.00 at the hotel chain I work PT. for. This way I can bring my 11 yr. old son along for a little trip and service the 30 to 40 machines over 2 days, every 60 days hopefully.

Jb sounds like you have already made up your mind. I used to run 360 round trip to service one part of my route. Makes for a long day.if it were me I would not pull any machines until I had the balance located. I would also try and place the balance in that 200 mile strech. Now for a truck you'll need one that has a floor 10 x 10.- think a 12 ft is 8 x 12 with careful load I think they would fit. Yes your wife will kill you when you take up an entier room with these.

Jb sounds like you have already made up your mind. I used to run 360 round trip to service one part of my route. Makes for a long day.if it were me I would not pull any machines until I had the balance located. I would also try and place the balance in that 200 mile strech. Now for a truck you'll need one that has a floor 10 x 10.- think a 12 ft is 8 x 12 with careful load I think they would fit. Yes your wife will kill you when you take up an entier room with these.

I thought of that idea too, having them located along the way out there, there are some good towns I would go through. I just don't want it to take up to much of the first day going out as I would have half of the 43 locations to service at the main route on the first day if I wanted to make it home on the second day.

It would be better for me to have most of them placed closer to home I believe, but maybe 10 or 20 more along the way might not be a bad idea.

If you can take 1 or 2 days off a month id do it if not leave them a month or 2 while you locate some close by in your own city..then collect them and your quarters and put them as near by as you can. 3 hrs is far

• 2 weeks later...

Good advice about not pulling any machines. Those few dollars you do get right now can help with gas or food on your trip. I never pull a machine and stick it in my garage unless there's a chance a location is closing down. It's to easy for it to just sit there in the garage.

Good advice about not pulling any machines. Those few dollars you do get right now can help with gas or food on your trip. I never pull a machine and stick it in my garage unless there's a chance a location is closing down. It's to easy for it to just sit there in the garage.

It better be making a good profit. 3 hours is a hell of a drive for vending unless your making serious bucks. That's just my opinion.

It better be making a good profit. 3 hours is a hell of a drive for vending unless your making serious bucks. That's just my opinion.

I haven't heard back from the guy, he's sticking to wanting $8000.00 for it all. I bought 4 1800's here locally and 3 NWtriples that I am going to have placed cloes to home. better move I think, your right 3 hours is very far.

Archived