NW60 lock jammed

jb5580

Went to one of my singles and when I put the key in it would not turn, try as I might. I just about bent the key trying. Do any of you know how to fix this. It is a newer machine with an NC450 key. The good news is it is still half full of GB's and vending properly so I left it on location.Thanks, Jim

PS- If I half to I will place a new machine on that location within this month and bring that one home to fix.

Try this. Put the key in. Take a small pair of pliers (I use needle nose) and grip the key with the pliers straight up and down. Push down slightly while trying to turn. Happens when I tighten the lock too tight.

Try this. Put the key in. Take a small pair of pliers (I use needle nose) and grip the key with the pliers straight up and down. Push down slightly while trying to turn. Happens when I tighten the lock too tight.

Thanks Hillbilly and Westcoast. I try to not overtighten the locks for that very reason so Im sure I just snugged it up. When I go back Ill try WD40 and bring the needlenose's with me . Thanks, Jim

Hey Hillbilly, are you near Snowshoe, I love that place! Go every year.

Thanks Hillbilly and Westcoast. I try to not overtighten the locks for that very reason so Im sure I just snugged it up. When I go back Ill try WD40 and bring the needlenose's with me . Thanks, Jim

Hey Hillbilly, are you near Snowshoe, I love that place! Go every year.

Yeah, about an hour and a half away from it.

What I do is I dip the key in grease instead of w d 40 so you can save the product. be careful with a needle nose pliers because if you already almost broke the key before you most likely will with pliers. something that has helped me before is actually tighten the lock about an eighth of an inch and then try to loosen it up while you push down on the key.

Archived