Are gumball wheels realy needed?

TKK

My northwesterns will vend gumballs w no gumball wheel. Also I just tried a vendstar with setting 4 and the 1" gumball fits perfect. I tried 10 vends and it vended a gumball everytime. Now I know theres gotta be a reason why.people only vend gumballs with the wheels....someone please chime in im thinking of just vending gumballs pmm and skittles to get rid of bbbeans mike n.ikes and hot tamales.. I know my xyz and 1800s have actual gumball wheels but im sure theres a good reason why a gumball wheel is needed...

when I had venstars it never worked consistently.

try it like 50 times and see. they need to do more than just fit the hole.

without the agitator they gumball will jam up eventually.

they make a gumball wheel when you can find them,

here is one on ebay but its very expensive

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/1-VENDSTAR-3000-1-GUMBALL-DISPENSER-MECHANISM-/200616112664

when I had venstars it never worked consistently.

try it like 50 times and see. they need to do more than just fit the hole.

without the agitator they gumball will jam up eventually.

they make a gumball wheel when you can find them,

here is one on ebay but its very expensive

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/1-VENDSTAR-3000-1-GUMBALL-DISPENSER-MECHANISM-/200616112664

Sweetstop; I need to order some stickers; how should I go about it? Thanks, Jim

So thats what it is it gets jammed.... I knew something had to give..is that why most gumball wheels have springs sticking out? The xyz gumball wheel looks like just a vendstar wheel with circular holes. So when it gets jammed will it not vend say once or will it stop vending gumballs? What I mean is will one person lose a quarter after 20 ppl get their gumballs or will nobody get a gumball once it jams?

What about the northwesterns? They have springs but not sticking out

You can vend 850ct gumballs in a NW with a capsule wheel with riser. Without the riser you will give 2 each time. With a candy wheel it will end up slicing a gumball and jamming your machine. Of course you can use the gumball wheel if you want.

I run all capsule wheels and then use the riser on the machines I want to vend gumballs out of. That way if I decide to change I just have to take the riser out.

Not really, capsule wheel, brush, and riser costs the same in a new machine as any other. Only 11.00 when buying from A&A. I have more than enough risers.

I but the soft springs and when I get a used machine with a gumball wheel, just change the springs on the brush. Then I sell off the gumball and candy wheels. So its not very much additional cost.

Sweetstop; I need to order some stickers; how should I go about it? Thanks, Jim

Faith either go to my website or send me an email with what you want and I will invoice you.

I dont always get to the TVF site so a PM's or posts isn't the best way to reach me.

Thanks

Frank

So has anyone not had problems with gumballs on candy wheels?

Wow! Ok, I get it. You get an answer you don't like so you keep asking til you do? The wheels are paired with the brush housing. What will work with small amounts of candy will not work the same with large pieces like gumballs, bouncy balls or capsules. Sounds like you have both kinds in your inventory. Take a close look at both.

But if you really insist on thinking outside of the box, and figure the vending machine companies are just looking for ways to make you pay extra money for parts you don't need, then by all means, do it the way you think is best.

Oops for some reason I messed up the post I meant if anyines had problems w gumballs w gumball wherls w o the springs

You can but it's not recommended. The springs, better known as the agitator, prevents the gumballs from jamming together and bridging. You will eventually get misvends without the agitator.

A little off topic here but my Bounce A Roo once had an out of order sign on it. You could look through the globe in one spot and see completely to the back side. I vend 45mm balls in it. I shook the machine, the balls dropped, and it worked fine. I check it for bridging every time I service now.

I placed a vendstar today at a doctors office. (If you read the new topic I posted it was the only 1 i placed out of the 3 orders) The lady working at the desk loved it. It matched her water cooler. I think vendstars are great for offices. They plend in and match office environments. I even told her i picked this machine for your location because of its calming look.

Im selling tab gum at this location and was considering originally to take the gumball wheel out of a red xyz machine. Im glad I used a vendstar instead and it will mainly be used by adults, so there shouldnt be much abuse to worry about.

I do both and not sure which to stick with. BBB are good and cost less than PMM. Any idea how many PMM are in the 56oz bag? I havent calculated it yet. All the bag says is its servings in ounces. I pay almost $9 at sams club per bag. The BBB I think only cost me like 3.2 cents per vend.

Archived