Vendesign machine (Good or bad) and U-turn questions

vendman0729

Hello everybody. My success with bulk vending hasn't been as good as I wanted but I am wanting to try to make things better. I need to tweak my route and so I have a few questions.

I am about to purchase a red carousel vendesign machine in good condition for $70 from a guy on craigslist. These seem like good machines and it seems like a good deal. Originally he was asking for $150. My question to you guys is, are these good machines? This is my first one and would like to know some of the pros and cons about these machines. Overall my research on this forum suggests that they are pretty good. Good metal coin mechs and I guess faster servicing compared to Uturns (which I can't stand now by the way). So this brings me to my next topic.

Servicing U-turn terminators sucks and I am sick of them. I only have 2 locations out of maybe 8 where I think their justifiable. I think their only justifiable in $40+ locations as well as if you have competetion. Most of the locatinos I have terminators in do $15-20 and servicing them for this much money is plain stupid. I would like to replace them with some more 1 800 triples (which I love) and vendesigns if possible. But before I buy more I would like to know if you guys like the vendesigns.

Also on the U-turns, does anyone know how to tighten the black little lid that the candy comes out of. If you try to buy candy from my machines some of the candy straight falls out from the bottom black lid because its not tight enough. This is a really annoying problem and I dont want the customers candy to fall. I have noticed this with a lot of the compartments on my U-turn terminators.

Also does anyone know if you can replace the coin mechs with better metal types. I overall really hate these machines because the plastic coin mechs are cheap and crappy. The coin mechs are not consistent and seem to turn rough. Can you order new parts like canisters and coin mechs from the company. Would like to know how much new coin mechs and canisters cost if anyone knows.

Thanks for any help.

Hello everybody. My success with bulk vending hasn't been as good as I wanted but I am wanting to try to make things better. I need to tweak my route and so I have a few questions.

I am about to purchase a red carousel vendesign machine in good condition for $70 from a guy on craigslist. These seem like good machines and it seems like a good deal. Originally he was asking for $150. My question to you guys is, are these good machines? This is my first one and would like to know some of the pros and cons about these machines. Overall my research on this forum suggests that they are pretty good. Good metal coin mechs and I guess faster servicing compared to Uturns (which I can't stand now by the way). So this brings me to my next topic.

Servicing U-turn terminators sucks and I am sick of them. I only have 2 locations out of maybe 8 where I think their justifiable. I think their only justifiable in $40+ locations as well as if you have competetion. Most of the locatinos I have terminators in do $15-20 and servicing them for this much money is plain stupid. I would like to replace them with some more 1 800 triples (which I love) and vendesigns if possible. But before I buy more I would like to know if you guys like the vendesigns.

Also on the U-turns, does anyone know how to tighten the black little lid that the candy comes out of. If you try to buy candy from my machines some of the candy straight falls out from the bottom black lid because its not tight enough. This is a really annoying problem and I dont want the customers candy to fall. I have noticed this with a lot of the compartments on my U-turn terminators.

Also does anyone know if you can replace the coin mechs with better metal types. I overall really hate these machines because the plastic coin mechs are cheap and crappy. The coin mechs are not consistent and seem to turn rough. Can you order new parts like canisters and coin mechs from the company. Would like to know how much new coin mechs and canisters cost if anyone knows.

Thanks for any help.

I hear you man. I have u turns and they are hard to service. The Vendesigns are good but only if you do it right. i have 2. They are easier to service but then again i have had my share of problems with them. YOu can replace the coin mechs for u turns, but that will cost to much money and they might pull the machine further apart. Not worth it.

The problem with the vendesign is the keys make it to hard to open the machine. Don't tighten the lid too much. When you get a key, ask for the better kind. And tumbler setting is a bit challenging with the vendesigns. Also, im not sure if vendesign has any kind of stirring device. Also with vendesign, you can only put it in quality places because they are pretty nice machines...

But the good thing about the vens is that they do collect money. You wont be taking 15 minutes to collect all the quarters like you do with the u turns. But then again, Im more used to servicing the u turns, the vendesigns have their strengths, but i get confused sometimes when servicing them. They don't got much customer support or any training videos. Again my main problem with them is the lid. Taking 5 minutes just to open it sometimes.

Archived