Craigslist is this a good deal and what should I offer?

Tiffeney

I have found this deal on Northwesterns up here on Craigslist in Pittsburgh, PA Bussiness and it is right up the street from me.  Can someone put the picture up I do not know how and can you all give me some advise .....

I think these are the machines you're referring to. The ad doesn't list any price and none of the machines have keys? Sounds kind of fishy to me. Maybe someone else can give you better advice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tiff,

$375 for the whole lot? The triple plays alone sell for $225 new from Sams. They look to be in rough shape but at that price the deal is worth a closer look. Especially if they are just down the street from you. Check them out and pay special attention to the mechs and wheels. Everything else is cosmetic.

Steve

Posted Image

Hey, Tiff.  I just bought some used Northwestern Triple Plays myself.  Most of the bases I got looked like the ones shown in this picture.  What I had to do was sand them by hand, then spray them with primer and then with black paint.  I just primed and painted them last night, and except for a couple of runs in the paint (I was painting outside at night with aid of car headlights) they now look good to go.

Brian

If the locks are still on the machines. You can order keys from NW by the key code. If there are no locks then you can get them on Ebay pretty cheap. Some might worry about the lack of locks and keys. Thinking that they may be stolen. Many long time vendors have their own key codes to locks that won't be sold to anyone else in their region.

Good luck with this !

Craig

That's not a bad deal.Like Craig said they are probably NW keys just have to figure out which one.Call a local vendor to see if he has any NW keys.I am in PA would help you out if I was closer to you.If you buy them maybe I can ship you keys that might fit let me know.I also may have some machines you may be interested in.I travel down the turnpike to almost Carlisle.

Used those machine should sell for:

The rack about 250-300 machines look good stand doesn't.

Doubles about 50-60 each.

Triples about 50-75 each.

I buy and sell among fellow vendors all the time used,haven't bought new in years.Buying used these days is the way to ago there are tons of good deals out there.I know so many vendors with all kinds of equipment including myself.

Fred