Deli's, Firehouses and Police Stations

acvending

Figured I'd throw them all in since we checked out a few of each. Deli's I really don't think would do well but wanted opinions. Since people tend to walk in and right out with food they aren't likely to desire something from a candy machine, plus most delis and minimart type places have regular candy displays already. How do firehouses and police stations do. Checked out one firehouse and the chief was there. He said he didnt think it would be good because people are rarely there. Police stations seem like awesome places. We checked a couple out may have one hooked for a DI machine already. They said alot of the guys there actually chew DI.

Firehouses may be a good idea, depending on the area your in... Being a volunteer for several years, I usually keep a pack of gum next to me while sleeping.. That way when you wake up, you don't have raunchy breath while seeing a sick patient...  But it would all depend on the ammt of call volume they run, if its a slow department out in the country fields, they probably dont run a lot of calls...  And I would also presume it would imagine if it is a combination department, fire and medical... 

Well hope that helps :D

-Greg

Yeah, actually we officially closed the deal tonight. The agreement is all signed. I am awaiting the route sheets and keys. Just gonna run the route for now. We have 4 months to decide to buy it and agree on a price before she can solicit or accept other offers. We put that in the contract.

Oh and I found out there are only 4 keys for all 50 machines too which will make life so much easier.

clearcutvending12 wrote:

did u buy / run that riotue you  were talking about, how s  it going>?

It depends on the crew/station.  We have machines in a few of our stations and they get used for the first few weeks and then it trickles down to almost nothing.  I think some of our machines are even abandoned.    Just my observations.

Skipped this thread.

We have 1 Police Dept. Does about $30 a month off of single cashews between 20 guys. We have it in the squad room, where they hold town meeting about the PD. We also have a machine in the lobby. Does about .50 a month off of M&M. I kept it there mainly because it is beside my biggest competitors machines.

I will tell you right now, DIce will NOT sell there. I have tried gum of all kinds, including D Ice (tab, ball) an none will turn. The cheif said that the police offices want cashews, not D Ice. A rule of thumb, D Ice does not sell in break rooms. 

Kyle