Found cardboard slugs in a machine on the Nightmare route

acvending

Isn't it something what people won't do for a gum ball or a hand full of candy! I had the same thing in a couple of my machines. I never did try them to see if they really worked. I have also found nickels that were hammered to the size of quarters in my machines.

Crazy business.

Gary 

There are many things that will run through coin operated bulk machines.

I have found many things. On a OAK Vista, a simple piece of paper cut to a quarter will work. On NW machines, zip ties can "spring" the coin mech and cause a free vend. With A&A, it is card board. Vendstar coin mechs will take anything. Cardboard, washers are just a few things that VS will take.

Don't be so shocked, it happens.

Kyle 

I had what I thought was an owner call the business phone yesterday to complain about the DI machine only vending 2 pieces.  He talked like a real italian New York style wise guy.  I bit my lip and was nice on the phone to no avail. He said he could get a better deal with chiclet gum. He also said the machine was broken.  I said I would remove it.  But it was weird because it was a nail place and I swore it was owned by oriental folks.  I went in and spoke to the wife owner and she said no man called me.  She said her hubby has nothing to do with this nail business.  I looked up and this guy comes strolling out from the back.  He must have just finished with a massage.........or something else...........LOL................and anyway he sat down for his nails to get done.  He started talking to the girl working on him and it was him, the guy I had spoken with on the phone!  Anyway..........I worked on the machine and removed a freakin' slug I am sure this jerk put in the mech and then left. ( without the machine )..........;)