Placing 4

bacho

Our non-profit organization now officially has a vending program. I purchased 10 Vendstars last weekend for $250. Two of them are in real rough shape but the other 8 are brand new still in the boxes. I'll use the two bad ones for parts.

I located 4 places the past few days and will deliver them on Monday. Gotta make a Sam's run this weekend. The places employ people that I know personally which made it kind of easy. Had 4 no's but I think that was due to me stumbling through my sales pitch. I was one nervous old dude.

Bank (know the manager)

Medical Clinic (know the nurses and doctor)

Auto Auction Breakroom (worked there part-time last year)

Modular Home Dealer (know one of the salesmen)

That's covers the four points of my 20 square mile route. Now I have to fill in with the remaining four. The product is going to cost me more than I paid for the machines. :shock:

Thanks everyone. I know it's going to be a great feeling when I collect for the first time. The Med Clinic is on my Courier Route, which is my full time job. I'll be able to keep an eye on it every day to see how well it's doing. :)

Thanks, Gary

I've been busy this weekend. Made my Sam's run yesterday and printed off labels. I must say, they look two times better than the ones he provided me with from Vendstar. I have my own laminating machine which makes it nice. Also made my own sticker for the non-profit organization.

It will take every ounce of will power not to check the machines for a couple of weeks. :)

BTW, does anyone have the Sam's business membership? It's $10 cheaper than the regular and gets you in there before hours. Only drawback is you have to pay with a company check. I was planning to do that anyway. It's also a good thing we have a tax ID because La. taxes everything you purchase.

I have the business card for sams and I pay anyway I please. Never had a isue with that one....

Tiffeney

Same here. They never asked for a company check from me either. :?

Steve

Hmmm, maybe Sam's runs it differently each state. It's in the paperwork I signed. I think it's because they have a problem with businesses adding people on the membership just like the regular one. It states to pay only by business check or business credit card. It also states that the added members have to be an employee of the company. That figures, La. would be the only state to do this. :?

My bad. I was reading under the Company Card section.

"Company Card - send your employees to shop for you. Purchases are restricted to company check. Company cards are transferable. You can pick up Membership cards at your closest SAM'S CLUB. Before processing your Business Membership card, you will be asked to show your driver's license or State Photo ID, along with proof of business qualifications (i.e., retail merchant certificate, gov't issued license, occupancy permit, etc). "

I must have got in under the new price increase. It now states $35 for a business membership. We got it just three weeks ago and paid $30.

Thanks for the congrats, Eve

I placed the four machines today. The Med Clinic is going to be a winner. My hep vacine shot was due, so I got that taken care of and in a matter of 15 minutes 4 people dumped coins in it. I may have to put that one on a two week schedule. :shock:

Thanks for the congrats, Eve

I placed the four machines today. The Med Clinic is going to be a winner. My hep vacine shot was due, so I got that taken care of and in a matter of 15 minutes 4 people dumped coins in it. I may have to put that one on a two week schedule. :shock:

Good for you Craig!!  Enjoy the ride brotha!!

Got a call from the Auto Auction manager yesterday. He asked me if I had any more machines. My heart sank after picturing the machine totally destroyed. I said yes and he said to bring one in and see the office manager. I delivered it today and place it in the lobby where the title desk is. It may do pretty well there because all the dealers and office personnel will have access to it.

I actually caught hell from her jokingly because I placed one in the drivers breakroom and didn't even come see her about placing one in the office. Oh well, live and learn. :D

Hey Bacho,

Get your name on the list for the highest number of placements, without a locators help, before the end of March.

You could win the March Cheesy Award for Most Locations Found.

HERE'S THE LOCATING CONTEST POST LINK

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=126&forum_id=1

Gary

Gary

As it turns out, I may have some amature locators working for me. My wife sent out our monthly newsletter and mentioned the birth of our vending program. We had a few members call us about it and they are going to check with their bosses about placing machines where they work. I was going to hold off on placing the other 4 but that call yesterday was a surprise. Do I still qualify for that?

Johnny

Yeah, they can even cuss me out if it means placing a machine. LOL

Well, did a premature check on the machines yesterday. Not all that good, mainly due to them actually being in service for a full 7 days because all the places were closed last Friday. Best was Auto Auction breakroom at $7.25 and worst was Bank at $1.25. The Med Clinic has been real slow due to spring break also. I'll get a better idea next month and post it in the revenue section.

I won't be able to post total numbers because it will be in violation of our bi laws. So, I'll give you the best and worst numbers only.