What goes around, Comes around....

caserri

Well to those who remember me getting the boot and being replaced by a vendstar, Topic here ==> http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=1127&forum_id=1, here is a funny story.

I just got a fine list of locations from KickStart yesterday. As I went to do my prelim placing, I came to one of the locations that had only one other vendor there. I went in and asked for the contact who told me, "Yes, we'll take it, but please offer something different than what that other guy is offering." I told him no problem and we went over so he could clear a space for my machine. As we walked up to the other machine, he turned to me and said, "You know what? Just put yours here and I will tell this guy he needs to leave." :shock:

I felt a little guilty but it was his decision, not mine. As I was leaving, I heard him tell his employees the following. "If I'm not here when the other guy comes to service, tell him to take his machine out."

I'm happy for the exclusive location but it worries me that the owner was that quick to kick out the other vendor. Next time, it might be my machine he is kicking out!

The vending Gods giveth and then taketh away, then giveth again!

Steve

I understand your concerns. Look into the situation to determine the cause of his reaction. Maybe it was service or product related. Then again it could be the commission thing as well.

Then again there is no telling what pushes this guy's buttons. Some people are just plain difficult to get along with.

Craig

Good job Steve!

As long as you continue to offer them excellent service, the freshest product, and a fair amount for their money, I'll bet you'll be fine.

What other product(s) did the other machine have? Did you put something different than that in? Sounds like the owner was just tired of the other guy's selection of product maybe.

Way to go! Keep it up.

Dave