An open letter to my biggest competitor.

caserri

I know you are a member here.

Congrats on your latest rack placement. You beat me to the punch by 15 minutes. I was in that pizza joint yesterday and saw your single GB head. I was able to talk them into a placement of my own. I unfortunately had no equipment with me so I told them I'd be back to place today. When I arrived today I was surprised to see that your single head machine had morphed into a beautiful black 4 way rack. The lady behind the counter said you just left about 15 minutes ago. She said I was more than welcome to place mine next to yours but I respectfully declined.

Good job Mr. S. You continue to stay one step ahead of me.

The chess match continues...

Steve

Unfortunately, thats the way it goes sometimes John. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I understand he had no idea I was coming in to place that day. It was just how things worked out. I blame the location more because they knew I was coming back. They could have said no to him. The little battles between us are quite interesting.

Good news is I found a sweet little gem of a location last week and placed a 5 way rack there. I'm sure he will find it sometime and feel the same way I do now. :D

Pressing onward!

Steve

Good luck with the rack placement.  Off topic for a moment, Steve.......what do you do, put the rack and machines together when you get the location? 

John,

I bolt the rack together and bolt the bases of the machines to the rack. At that point the whole assembly is still relatively light and manageable. I then transport the rack, bodies, globes and/or sticker machines to the location. Once at the location I bring in the rack stand and place it where it needs to go. Then I add the machine bodies, globes, and product.

Doing it this way keeps everything light and eliminates the need for tools on location. (though I do carry them just in case)

Steve

Personally, I think Steve handled the situation in an adult and business like manner. The old adage "It ain't personal, it's business" is quite appropriate in this instance.

Your a good person Steve !

Craig