peppermint patty machines

pusherman

have any of you ever used any peppermint patty machines.  i was given about 10 of them yesterday and dont know anything about them.  i know that york patties are about 8c each and the pearson are about 1.5c each.  i didnt know if one worked better than the other.

i think the machines are called millenium mint systems, they look like they have never been used.  i dont know if they will do anything or not but for the price i will put them on location and try.

thanks

Wow, you are right! For that price, you cant go wrong. I don't have any experience with those although I know what you're talking about.

Do they have 25c mechs? I've seen a couple around town here and they seem to do alright even in multiple machine locations. I just wonder what the shelf life is on a York PP.

Steve

I have a little experience with peppermint pattie machines.  Mine have 25 cent mechanisms.  I have three machines of different styles.  The pearson mint patties are a little thinner and smaller in diameter than the york patties and they jammed in my machines over time.  For this reason, I only use the york patties at the higher cost.  I also had comments that the york patties were so much better.........I have a couple of machines called mint-o-matic and they are the better quality of my two types.  I am only able to keep about 7 patties in each tube before the weight of each column makes it drag when it slides along, then it jams......and you have a chocolate/mint mess.  The cheaper machine, I just junked it, but the 2 mint o matic machines must be serviced monthly because I only put about 42 mints in at a time to keep it from jamming.  The shelf life on the mints seems to be about three months, then they start to get hard, but the flavor does not suffer.  You must keep them in a cool place also.  hope this helps.  I keep filling the mint machines, but I would not buy another.....too high maintenance.

Posted Image

Dutchboy,

Great info! Thanks. After reading your post I do wonder whether its worth the trouble. How are sales? Do you run through 42 in a month's time? I not sure the aggravation is worth the $7.14 net.

Steve 

The only reason we keep the two machines out is because one is located in the skate board shop that he frequents all the time.......and it does go thru 42 in a month....we see the owner all the time and he tells us when it is getting empty.  He even can get it open and fix it if it jams.....they are not very secure....but he is an honest guy.  Also it is sitting on his counter and we dont have added expense of a stand.  We bought it on ebay for only about $30 so we dont have much invested.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old post but it was the only one I found durring my search that was what I wonted.

OP How did the machines do for you. I have a guy who is willing to sell me them for around 20.00 each. Is this worth it or are the machines not worth it. It seems to me these would only do good in select locations.

Anyone else have any recent experiance?

Ok Hound

Make sure you check out the mech real good. In some of these machines the mech stays open until the customer completes the turn. Otherwise, this product is as profitable as gumballs, but you need to find the women. They suck them down like candy!:D

Bryan