1 in toy capsules best sources for the best price?

acvending

With the 20-odd triples and small handful of locations we got from Nightmare route and the fact that most locations won't sustain a triple I am thinking about vending 1 inch capsules from one of the canisters at locations that get kid traffic. From what I am seeing the 1 inch toy capsules in most varieties all seem to go for about $25-30 shipped for about 250 of em. Is that a good price? At .25 a vend thats only about a 100% return. Is that the best you can expect for capsules or do you guys know cheaper sources for them. Candy and gum still seem to have a better ROI or maybe I am missing something.

We're just getting ready to start selling caps. I've done some homework and all I can

say is it looks like the prices keep going up. That's why some vendors are thinking of

going to 50 cent vends, for the 1" caps. It's getting harder and harder to make a profit

at 25 cents.

Try L.M. Becker, (Toy N Joy). 888-869-6569

You have to call to get prices. I know a lot of pros use 'em.

They also claim to have filled caps as low as 4 cents each.

Dave

A&A Global has the best prices, I purchase by the case of 18 bags (they will let you mix 1/2 and 1/2).  With shipping I average about $.06-$.07 a toy.  You have to call for prices.

http://www.aaglobalind.com/bulk-vending/bulk-vending-toys/1-1-inch-capsuled-toys.htm

If anyone knows of a cheaper place, by all means let me know.  I have found the toys to be slightly more expensive than candy, but overall they seem to sell better because of less competition.  Don't know how well toys will display in a triple though???

RJ

I agree, A&A has great prices and service. Good people to work with.

We have their last pricelist posted here ==> http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=609&forum_id=1 

It is a bit outdated as you will find that most of these prices are a couple dollars less than actual. It can be used as a guide though. I am waiting for them to send me a new pricelist and I will update then.

Steve

I use TJ King for all my 1" & 2" capsules. They are also great people to work with. They send my orders out the same day and I get them 4 days later. The prices range from $16-$19  for 250 count. Like A&A, you have to also pay for the display cards if you don't have them already.

Ask for Kathy @ ext. 13

http://www.tjking.com

Gary

Sounds like the numbers I've seen on the net of 25-30 bucks shipped for a 250ct bag is about as good as it gets huh. So doubling my money is about the best I can expect vending at the 25 cent mark which means I have to go to 50 cents which means using machines with 50 cent coin mechanisms but for now I hoped to use the Vendstars to reduce the candy needed to fill each location and to grab some toy sales as well.

I'm glad to know RJ is on the same page as I am!

Candy Vending is simple not profitable. When a hand full of PMM cost .10, and a toy cost .7

I will take the cheaper one! I will only jump "candy" hoops for corporate accounts. If a person wants candy, and not toys, I just tell them I only offer toys. Some say, OK Take the thing and go. I gladly leave with my machine, knowing that I would not have to deal with the stupid candy.

Toys sell good. The .50, 1" products you see in stores are meant to be sold at that price. They cost more to buy.

Kyle

Don't know how you figure $.06-$.07 per toy is only doubling your money???  It's 3-4 times your money.

RJ

I was figuring it this way. Each 250ct bag would cost me between $25 and $30 including shipping according to what I found so far.

250 X .25 = $62.50

Cost me $30

Made me $62.50 gross profit.

Seems like its just doubling my money. What am I missing. Not sure. How are you arriving at 3 to 4 times?

This toy and capsule thing has me a little interested at this point in my very short vending career. For one, capsules with toys do not go bad like candy.  I just dont see how when I look at the 30 locations I have now anyone is going to buy these things.

You are figuring your cost too high.  As I mentioned previously call A&A Global to order your supplies.  You shouldn't be paying over $20 a bag (with shipping) on anything. Order by the case of 18 bags to get an even better break.

250 x .25 = $62.50  You payed $20...  Thats' over a 300% return.

T-Bird you won't be able to sell them at all of your locations, only ones that have kid traffic.  Great places to start are C-Stores, Mobile Phone stores, Deli's, gas staions, etc.

RJ

I also want to confirm a 1.1 inch capsule will vend thru a Vendstar candy wheel. Has anyone else done this with a Vendstar. I am noticing that most toys that come already in the capsule are 1.1 inch ones but their slightly oval shape worries me. Can anyone confirm if they will or won't work?

Johnny. That's it, you have to have locations that capsule toys will sell. There may be a day, when an account will come along, where toys will be a perfect match for their customers.

If you are doing well with candy, stick with it. There's nothing wrong with a total candy route if it's all selling well.

There's got to be kids in Long Beach somewhere???

Gary

Caps. will not go threw any candy wheel. You need a stir, and the right size hole.

Buy a gum wheel from them. They sell them for 19.99 each.

Kyle

Yeah I just checked and its 19.99 plus like 9.59 shipping. No way im payin 30 bucks for a gumball wheel for a bunch of free Vendstars. Guess i will stick with candy and gum, though I can probably vend bouncy balls as I vend 1 inch gumballs out of the Vendstar candy wheel with no problem.

Johnny. That's it, you have to have locations that capsule toys will sell. There may be a day, when an account will come along, where toys will be a perfect match for their customers.

If you are doing well with candy, stick with it. There's nothing wrong with a total candy route if it's all selling well.

There's got to be kids in Long Beach somewhere???

Gary

LOL!!

Kyle is right Johnny. Walmart would do better with toys than candy any day.

It's just something to think about...hmmm?

Gary

After all, what are they going to do? Kick you out? :D

Steve