caserri

Please choose 3 members for VENDiscuss Moderator  

1. 1. Please choose 3 members for VENDiscuss Moderator

• G-man422
    • Vendalo
    • Guth Vending
    • Pusherman
    • West Coast Vend

Here is our final confirmed list of members eligible to be named VENDiscuss Moderators. The members with the 3 highest vote counts will become our new moderators. Voting will be open from Friday, 3/21 at 10:00 am est until Friday, 3/28 at 10:00 am est. If you are an undecided voter, please take the time to review the contributions that each of these members have made while they were here. Keep in mind that we are looking for moderators who have the boards best interests in mind. Moderators who can be relied upon to lend a helping hand when possible and have the integrity to uphold the values of the board.

I appreciate everyones commitment to the forums and the time you will take to make an informed decision.

You can vote for as many people as you'd like but you will only be able to vote once for each member.

**NOTE** Poll will not open until Friday, 3/21 at 10 am est.

Steve

Grumpy,

As with the regular polls, your vote can be changed at a later time. Just keep this in mind though, if you want to change your vote from one member to another, you will not only make your new selection but you will also have to "un-select" the member you wish to change from.

But, yes, if you would like to vote for 2 now and 1 later, you can do that as well.

Steve

Kyle,

If I understand your question correctly, yes, there will be 3 moderators named. The top 3 vote getters will be named moderator.

I have tie breaker rules in the case of a tie.

Steve

Steve,

I'm not sure if this is a concern of yours, but are not all of the canidates bulk vendors? Should there not be a canidate from full line? Or maybe have a separate vote for them eclusivly(sp)

Grumpy

Of course that could remain under your domain as it would not be as time consumming

Good point Grumpy. I did think about that when the nomination period ended. However, I obviously need the most help with the bulk section and those who post in it.

Steve

Folks, I'm just 1 of the 484 members here. Just keep in mind that a good moderator should have an open mind. Not one that shoots down every machine because it's not a Northwestern or Oak. Also one who condemns triples because they don't like them. If someone makes a decision to buy what he/she did, a nice little congrats will go a long way and probably steer him/her in the right direction after civilized discussions. I'm not saying you have to pacify the person. A little kindness will keep that member coming back instead of scaring them away. There's quite a few that fit that bill on here.

JMHO

A little kindness will keep that member coming back instead of scaring them away.

Thanks for pointing that out Bacho. You make a good point that I would like to expand on if i may...

The most important thing to me in a moderator is not their vending experience level. While it is important for them to know what they are talking about, it's just as important for them to understand that they don't know everything, and remind others of that as well. We all have something to learn from each other. I am not looking for a "know-it-all" What I am looking for, and what I hope everyone here is as well, is someone who is interested in advancing our community through quality leadership. Someone who has the integrity to do the right thing for the community to keep us going and growing for many years.

There are a couple of items coming up that will affect VENDiscuss and how it is perceived. I am withholding action until the mods are in place and we've had a chance to discuss. We have an opportunity to go in a certain direction that I feel may be inappropriate or even detrimental to the forum. It is a decision that I feel is better made by more than 1 person.

The reason I bring that up is because I want everyone to vote for who you think has the desire to help the community regardless of experience level. Even the most experienced vendor here, if given the opportunity, can say and do things that can alienate many of our members. At the same time, some of our more novice members, even with their lack of vending experience, may have the ability to cultivate lasting relationships and promote a positive environment here that we all want to be a part of. 

I'm not trying to manipulate anyone's decision, I just want everyone to be cognizant of what makes a good moderator.

Steve

Ok Steve I vote for you.:)

If the moderators canidates are willing, I think a little blurb about thier qualifications or ideas or what ever in this post would be helpful for those sitting on the fence.

As far as I know thier is only one canidate with any moderating experience.

For me a moderator has to be able to do as Steve has listed and more, I do not need or want a moderator who responds to each post just because thier is a new post, sometimes silience is golden. I spend enough time in this forum now.

Grumpy

Well it looks like we have our moderating team! Congratulations to Gary (west coast vend), Jeff (Pusherman), and Gabe (G-Man422).

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to nominate and/or vote. (All 43 of you.) :(

The named moderators will be activated on Monday morning 3/31/2008.

Steve

I also want to thank Big Mike, CraigMc, Guth, and Vendalo for your willingness to help me out. Your input on the boards is, and will always be appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

Thanks to all that voted for me. I will continue to do my best to make this an informative, fun, safe place to visit. There is so much you can learn from this forum. I look forward to all the great stories I get to hear. Please feel free to PM me any time you like.

Congratulations to Jeff & Gabe.

I consider all of you my friends.

Thanks again.

Gary

Congratulations Jeff, Gabe, and Gary!!!  Kyle.......we still look to you for ongoing support and advice buddy!!

And Steve.........43 voters out of 100 members is actually very good in my opinion. I belong to a T Bird site that has 3000 members.  When we vote on car of the month, we get 120 people voting:shock:.

Steve:

I don't think you should be disappointed. Remember the 80/20 rule. We have 496 members. I'm sure at least 100 have never posted anything. Ad in the number of people with less than 10 posts and the ones who have joined within the last month and haven't had a chance to finish reading all the posts on the board and my guess is 43 voters will be better than 20% (How was that for a run-on sentence) Also rember that some of the registered members will already have abandoned vending.

You have some good people to help you now. Congratulations to the new moderators and thank you to the others who were willing to make the commitment.

Ted 

Archived