Dixie Narco 501T with either DBV or Coin Mech issues

bil10219

I have a Dixie Narco 501T with either DBV or Coin Mech issues. If you put in a dollar, you get a dollar credit. When you go to make a selection for an $.85 soda. It reads "Use correct change" and then spits out 4 quarters. If I enter $.85, it vends fine. Likewise, if you put 4 quarters, you get a dollar credit. When you go to make a selection for an $.85 soda. It again reads "Use correct change" and then spits back out 4 quarters. Called Dixie and ran some diagnostics. It accepted the change and gave it back. It accepted the Dollar but did not give it back. Any suggestions? The Dixie tech said it could be the DBV (most likely), the coin mech (because I'm getting the message on the 4 quarters as well), or the control board (because it is happening with both).

Thanks for your input.

Bill

ps Mistakenly posted this in the wrong section. so I reposted here.

My first suggest is swap out the coin mech with a spare. I don't think the DBV would be causing this because the coin mech is the brain out of the two (and the fact it does same thing with quarters).

Is the "use correct change" light lit up before you put money into the machine?

Well, It is not a light but rather a message that scrolls accross the front of the soda machine where the price usually pops up when hit the button or the amount credited pops up when you insert coins. When the message is done scrolling it spits out the 4 quarters.

How many coins do you have in each tube? If the coins are low, then it will make you use exact change. I would guess the Dixie Rep would have been smart enough to cover that one already though, but that sounds like what it is right of the batt. If the changer has plenty of coins, I would start with the changer.

Archived