take your time and pay attention

pusherman

i know this is probably not the correct place to post this but i wanted it to be a reminder for all of us. i will try to keep it short.

so i was out running a route on easter sunday and had not made it more than 10 miles away from my house. i was driving on a busy 4 lane country hwy running about 65 mph, when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye i see a car shooting out right in front of me.( he was coming out of a cross street that crossed the hwy). luckily i was paying attention to what was going on around me, i was not on the phone like i am half of the time, or changing the radio station, or eating breakfast, or whatever. anyway, first thought, i am dead. so i slam on the brakes and turn the wheel right as he is in front of me. i did not know if i hit him until i had come to a stop because i had braced myself for a collision. i get out and check on the car and the other driver and some how the only damage that was done was a little rub of paint from his car on my front right fender. the guy gets out of his car, freaked out because i think he thought he was done. his throttle had stuck and i think he panicked and shot out into the road.

anyway the point of all of this was to remind all of us to slow down and pay attention to what is going on around us. had i been speeding or not seen him there is a good chance that him and i and his 2 little brothers in the car with him could have been really messed up. i am just thankful that i was in the car collecting and not in the truck pulling the trailer, because i know i wouldnt have been able to avoid it.

for all of you guys that put in a bunch of miles like me every week, be careful and stay safe.

sorry for the long post.