Service Procedure

tobiusnc

I'm still in the research stage of my bulk vending career.  I've searched the forums, but I can't find answers to a few of my questions about servicing machines.  I'm sure this is obvious to anyone who has worked in this business, so hopefully you experienced guys can take a few minutes to help me out. 

When you service a head, you obviously want to clean the outside of the head, but do you clean the inside of the globe?  Do you clean it with every service?  If you do, what do you do with the product inside?  I'm assuming you can't use any kind of wet cleaner as that would cause problems with the product unless you could get it COMPLETELY dry.

When servicing machines like the standard Southern Beaver, How much needs to be dismanled in order to get to the coins?  Is it possible to get to the coins without removing product from the head?  For those of you that actually own small Beaver heads, how long does it take to service them?

I'm really trying to understand the steps involved in servicing the machines as best I can so I know what I'm getting into.  I appreciate everyone's help!

Thanks,

J.D.

There is a thread on tips / servicing your machine. (somewhere)

I service beavers RB16, for the most part

process

unlock top

lift head and conversion off rod, set on other head (doubles)

remove body with abs coin box and dump in bag.

replace body then head,

fill product place top on and lock

It probably took longer for me to type this then doing it, but I'm a slow typer one or two fingers at a time.

Before leaving wipe down machine with micro fibre cloth and aerospace protectant 3000. (beaver approved and adds spf 20, also cleans well with little amount) I do not spray each time I wipe down to expensive and besides some stays on the cloth. For heavy soile areas I use clorox wipes.

As for cleaning the interior I have setup a 6 month switch out plan. This allows changing of product type and adjusting the vend amounts, also you can clean better off site then on site.

If ordering new beavers order them without a lock on top, instead order from cam-lock quarter turn. Also order cash drawers instead of cash boxes cost more but these two things could end up saving you two hours on a full day run allowing you to service more heads hence increasing your hourly take ...

grumpy

one of the most time consumming things other then driving is turning the locks:)

When Servicing my XYZ machines:  I bring a spray bottle w/ water, vinyl gloves, a small cloth, money bag, product, tools(keep in car) and keys.  I fist collect my coins.  There is just a small door on the back that opens w/ the key and then I just slide the quarters into it. (takes maybe 2 minutes).  I then put on my gloves and add any product that needs refilled.  As for cleaning the inside, I just use a dry cloth to get some of the "candy dust" that accumulates on the windows.  I would say it takes me about 5-8 minutes on average to service one of my machines.