The Show Stopper

lurker

Oak Manufacturing has a new vending machine out called The Show Stopper.

I would like your opinions on this machine.

What do you think? Good idea, or bad?

Has anyone seen this machine up close and personal?

I have requested additional information, from Oak, via e-mail. When it arrives I will post it here.

Dave

There is a machine very similar to that in my wal-mart.  I'll be honest, I think its kinda corny looking.  Plus, more stuff to go wrong with it, not to mention you need a power source. Given the choice, I would go with a normal machine.

Dave.......its strictly for a kid's location IMO. I do not like the idea.  Arrow vending has a similar type machine also that says or does something. 

NO. Let me go into why:

Love Pig? ... perhaps it's my age and inability to "understand", but it seems tacky.

• Rap music ... just those two words alone are a contradiction in terms; and to have to listen to it is worse, especially repeatedly.

• It's built onto a Big Oak, which doesn't vend the 2.2" capsules very well, which is enough reason to pass it up.

• It won't do well in the Moslem convenience stores. They sell beer and wine, rolling papers, tobacco, many non-Halal items, but they hate pigs (and Jews, and most everyone else, too).

That has to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen IMHO - If i was a kid I would be scared to death of it...  It's one thing to do a song (and animal) that everyone enjoys --- a classic like jingle bells or something at christmas time...

So, I guess that would be a NO! :)

I thought it looked a little "gimicky".

Just a couple things though...

It's power source is 3 lithium batteries, that supposedly last 90 to 120 days.

I see the advantage of this, but also the drawback of constantly replacing them.

They state they have, or will have, different characters.

I too was thinking of something other than a rapping pig.

I'm curious what they want for this thing.

I'll still go ahead and post any info I receive if you want.

Dave

IMO, it's up to date marketing at it's best. Kids will love this. As for the rap music, just listen to what kids are listening to today. 20 years ago when I was a mobile disc jockey, I hated rap also....and still do today. But I played it any way because that is what was requested. The machine is made for the younger market. It's vending toys, not candy. It would be great in places with lots of kid traffic. The price is way too much but then the big boys may jump on this deal.

Thanks Steve for putting the video right on my original post.

I shoulda thought of that.

Also, A big Thank You to everyone who has given me their thoughts on this machine.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Oak with some of the details I requested.

Dave

Thanks Steve for putting the video right on my original post.

No problem. I like to keep the audience captive so I lock all the doors and remove the exit signs. :D

Steve

Now if I can just figure out how to get rid of that pesky "X" in the upper right hand corner.