Gorilla Drop tactic story

black panther

I have a story to share today.

I just came from the gym I workout at and the owner asked me if I had left him a gift last night.  I was confused at first because I was wondering if he was talking about the Reeses PB cups I gave/left for the woman at the desk that I have been chatting with but after I gave him a confused look he pointed to a BuzzBites machine sitting on the counter across from the desk.  He thought I did that as he knows about my venture and some of my struggles and thought I might have done that and was upset that I didn't ask or talk to him and didn't want it there.

I told him it wasn't mine but I did notice it immedialtely tonight when I entered the gym and was a little stumped by it but blow it off for the time being.  I told him about the BuzzBites and that mine are gumball/candy machines and I would have talked to him.  I already thought about it but didn't feel this would be a good fit based on health and candy contradiction but I know the owner and would have surely asked.  We talked about the tactic and looked at the machine and say it had a charity sticker and a phone number on it.  He is taking it down which he did shortly after I went back to working out.  We think it might have been another member but are unsure.  Will see if they say something about their machine missing.

I know the drop and run or gorilla tactic has been discussed before and here is another example of it not working.  Glad it wasn't me.

Hope you enjoyed the story as it was a grin for me tonight.

Yea, unless you are chaining your machine to something, it seems like a pretty crazy idea.  But, any attempt at this kind of placement is asking for trouble. 

Aren't buzz bites countertop machines?  I would have loved to heard the thought process behind this move. 

I'm not sure where this product would work if a gym doesn't want to have it. 

I also see that Steve's Buzz Bites biz-op questions never got an answer.

Brian

Maybe this guy hired a bogus locator who just went around dropping off machines......... or maybe he actually thought that the owner / manager of the gym (WOULDN'T NOTICE OR MIND) yeah right!

Good story for sure.............. Stay away from this tactic.

The other about 70% we got a phone call to come pick the machine (were given the run around, and were really pissed when I came and picked the machine up). Of course to 30% of yes did not want the machine but they were given the run around. I had to be sneaky when I serviced the machine. In and out in about 30 seconds.

I did this 5 times. And man was it fun! It gives you the biggest rush.

Kyle

I disagree Kyle. One can be honest and legit and still have a blast. In business as well as in life, honesty is the best policy.

Craig

I totally agree with you Brotha Craig.

Thank you sir !  To me that is what is wrong with alot of things these days. No integrity in anything it seems any more.

Kyle, being young, is only emulating things he has come to learn from others. What things are we teaching the younger generation ?

Craig