Looking for a Toy

Charon

Well, I am about to get some toys for a potential route. I am trying something extremely different. I am starting a game design company, and one of the game ideas I had involves the figures that people can buy from machines (if this does well, sales might change).

Back to my original line of thought. I found a toy that I want to use in this game idea. Here it is:

http://www.smartvending.com/skeleton%20raiders.JPG

I think I have found a higher quality release of the toy here: http://www.eurogift.fr/images.asp?img=/images/Produits/386-2g.jpg&ref=112054

The problem is that the company is in France, and shipping might be pricey. They have not responded to me yet though. Is there another company that has the updated version?

Also, I am going to have a two headed machine in a local gaming store. In one head I will have pirates and in the other I will have ninjas. My fellow nerds will know what to do.

clearcutvending12 wrote:

sorry

but i have no idea what u are asking!

LOL

please restae the question if u can

Completely understandable, I am rather tired.

The item on theisenvending.com is the older version. I am looking for the metallic ones like on eurogift.fr I just can't find them stateside.

I see what your going for but i dont think you will make to much money if the product is coming for france since they ues the euro. you will be paying around 1.50 for every 1 dollar. also i have had some success selling toys ( led finger flash lights)

PS. NINJAS > PIRATES  cool idea i would buy one just for the funny factor of the machine

Powertechvending22 wrote:

I see what your going for but i dont think you will make to much money if the product is coming for france since they ues the euro. you will be paying around 1.50 for every 1 dollar. also i have had some success selling toys ( led finger flash lights)

PS. NINJAS > PIRATES  cool idea i would buy one just for the funny factor of the machine

I just got a reply from the company, and if the shipping does not kill me, it will be about $141 for 1000 pieces ($35 for 250). Not a bad price compared to a few other sites. Since I am tying it in with another of my projects, I think I may be able to influence sales from a distance.

Also... Pirates > Ninjas :P

Ahh... But there is a method to my madness...

I am a game designer 1st and a bulk vender 23rd ;)

I am designing a tabletop strategy game/RPG based on the figures one can get out of vending machines.

My first exploit is going to be pirates vs ninjas where people can vote for their favorite side by buying the figures, and I can have a diarama illustrating the battle based on a weeks earnings.

After that I would like to have machines with pirates, ninjas, robots, skeletons, anything else an older person might like.

I do want to carry the little rubber ninjas and the sticky ninja stars though.

Well i understand where your going and im not trying to be rude or anything but since the figuers are made and owned by a company. Would there likeness be copywrited. Also if your doing a table top game I think you might want to market the game more first then maybe do the bulk thing. Also it depends on where these toy machines are set up. The 5 year old may not understand theres a game. Now maybe if you really hyped up the game alot in your area then told your players where to find your machines or maybe just sell the figures directly But that can lead to another problem the table top crowd is pretty smart and might just buy the figures online. I really respect what your doing in trying to cross market your products but the logictis might be hard to pull off.

Ah, fortunately the game is going to be released free of charge on a website that I am working on. Because I am not going to be making money for the game itself, I will not have to worry about coryright. There is a similar game that is a strategy game using LEGOs, and they have not been sued yet. Also, it will be generic (values based on pose and color of the figure, as well as what it is supposed to be)

Now, I am releasing another game that is going to draw people to my site, and then they may or may not view the game I am talking about.

I am going to talk about the game on my site prior to getting the machines. When I set up machines, I will be posting their locations, and when people in other cities find machines that vend compatable figs, they will be encouraged to post the locations.

When it comes to the kids, I will have plenty of kid friendly toys in the game so that it will be a non-issue.

I admit I have not thought of every angle of this, but that is why I have come to the pros!