New Here

davidsurvz

I am new to this forum. I have never really been a "forum" kind of guy. I have bounced around a few blogs and links looking for some ideas to get back into bulk vending. About 12 years ago I got really excited about bulk vending. I was all worked up over a "biz-op" I think they wanted 7,500.00 for a 20 machine Pkg. I think they were called business and blessings. Well, at the time I was broke and I had a friend who was millionare and I approached him about a loan. He was encouraging and a little skeptical.... ( Very wise and shrewd business man) He asked me to research it some more, Talk to people in the industry and so on... Very GOOD advice! one day the next week I was stopping at Wal-Mart or Kmart (can't remember for sure which one now) and as I was walking in the entry I noticed the bulk machines. OK, (I thought,) investigate..... I lifted up the flap of the door and read OAK manufacturing Los Angeles. "Cool I'll call info when I get home and give get in touch with them." I called and got info. and got the number I spoke with a guy there and he talked to me for about 30 minutes. I was glad I called. He gave me their address and since I lived in So. Cal. at the time I was able to drive out there the next week after I got paid and purchase my first double head machine for less than 100.00 Wow! Much better than a loan for 7,500.00. This was around the same time that silent salesforce was really taking off I went to a business seminar that a friend had invited me to. I learned a lot about vending just from that and jumped in full speed ahead Well, it took a little while to get up to 4 machines, after all I was broke.) Anyway...................I'll hit fast forward............

The most machines I actually had out at any one time was only 4 but I made over 100.00 my best month. I ran between 2 to 4 machines for a year and I enjoyed it, I averaged 50.00 to 75.00 / mo. off 2 to 4 machines. I stopped when I got into my new career path. A few years later after I wasn't doing bulk vending and was in my current career field making REALLY GOOD MONEY!!! I decided to try it again ...This time one of my friends was supposedly going to get the locations and service the route because at the time I was traveling a lot and working long hours. Well, this part makes up for the stuff I did right when I first started out. I bought over 3,000.00 worth of good OAK machines several types and styles over 20 machines total with my previous inventory. Plus candy to stock them. Then my "friend" says No thanks! I don't know if this will work out for me. I think I will....... BLAH!, BLAH!..... Blah!  And the story goes on....... 

Well, I have learned many lessons since then and me and my wife decided to give bulk vending a try. We will go with the 1800 machines I really like them. We bought some off ebay. (We got a good deal) We'll see how it goes.......

David

Welcome to the forum David.

It is a pleasure to have you here. I look forward to reading about your upcoming experiences with the 1800 machines. Let us know how it goes.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I think I have seen you around on some of the vending sites....... yes, no??

The nice thing about giving this a go now is that there are so many places to get good information for free or cheap on the internet these days.

Thanks again.

David

• 10 months later...