Novacane

novacane

I purchased 63 vendstar machines on location and serviced them this week.  These machines had not been serviced for 3 months .  Average pulled from all 63 machines was $21.75.

The good

Bowling Ally......$83.50.   2 of 3 heads totally MT. owner says been that way for a while.

Bar.....................$72.00

China Rest........$58.75

Family Rest...... $55.25

Bar...................$53.00

The top 4 I pulled the Vendstar and left a 800vending machine.  I had 4 left I had not located yet.

Now the bad and there was plenty.  There were over 20 machines that did not even have $10 in them after 3 months. Several not even $5!  Not even $2 a month!!!  Those machines would only take 25 years to pay for themselves  for anyone that took advantage of the "Vendstar opportunity"  :( 

I pulled eveyone of them and will clean them up this week and sell them on Ebay or Craigs list.   I left 36 on location for now.  Long term  I will probably only keep 15 or so  of the locations. My plan is to replace all the vendstars with a higher quality machine.  I do have to say. The Vendstar was nowhere near as bad as many made them sound. I did not find a single machine with broken parts.  Also did not find any  of the fading yellow coloring on the cannisters that I had read about.. I was very pleased with the condition of the machines. 

Now for my opinion of the locator that placed these machines. What a jerk.  If he had given me some of these locations I'd have been furious. I felt bad for the couple I bought them from. They paid him $2500 to come out and place 65 machines! Half of thier locations were pure garbage.  This guy placed several machines in small little shops that MAY and I stresss MAY have been able to support 1 machine.  They had 3 to 5!!!  Thats right........Two spots had 5 machines including mine. A small Insurance office and a Florist!.  An idiot would know those locations were a joke. It's almost as if he went from shop to shop looking for places with machines because he knew they would say yes.  Granted ,he found them some good locations but he had to know 1/2 of the locations he found would produce crap!

OK....now that my locator rant is over :D  Overall I am happy with the deal eventhough I expected better results. I paid $40 per machine. With my $21.75 average pull my per machine cost comes out to $18.25  I can sell them off easily for a small profit. I will have enough profit to buy a higher quality machine for the locations I decide to keep.  Plus.....I had fun, met some nice people and got a crash course in the business.:P

Novecane,

That's not as bad as it could have been. The machines weren't in that bad of shape so you will be able to recover some of the $40 you sent per machine. Even if you sell them for $20-$25 each it would be good. I wouldn't take those numbers to heart. When you don't have a real vendor checking the products and the location, at least once a month, you can't expect much more than that. They were totally neglected for 3 months. Now that you are cleaning them up and replacing some of them with better machines, the numbers could only go up from here.

Good luck with your new route. I have a good feeling about it.

Gary