Full Size Combo Or Singles??

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick question in regards to equipment. I have been going back and forth with what to buy. Full size combo machine or buying seperate machines. Any ideas, suggestions or otherwise would be appreciated. Just some info I'm buying new equipment through USI.

Thanks For Your Time,

Brian

I have 3 of the Combo 2 machines - the same machine you use for your avatar - that Wittern Group puts out. 

First, they are not bad machines, in that they are dependable.  But they have the same problem that almost every other combo unit has - and that is that for such a huge machine (and the combo 2 is a very large machine to say the least), it does not have enough capacity for snacks.

For 6 soda selections, capacity is adequate for locations where a large drink selection is not necessary.  Especially if you're stocking cans.

However, there isn't quite enough depth for a full row of anything on the snack side.  That means that smaller locations that should only require a once a week servicing will still require you to go back more frequently to make sure you get the holes filled in.  That's what I dislike most about this machine.  For that reason, it is important that you do NOT place this machine - or any other combo - in a location that you have to go out of your way to service -- especially with the way gas prices are right now.  If you do, you will lose money whether you service the machine adequately or not.

The other things I dislike:  each snack tray is supposed to tip out to make snack loading easier.  Most do not tip out easily and some will only tip out a little bit only to get hung up on the way down.  This is something I find no excuse for.  This machine is way too expensive for quirks like that.

You also have to make sure that you have a wide open space to bring this machine into.  This thing is big.  Real big.  And it is just as heavy as it is big.  Do not try to take it through a standard door.  It can be done, but it's a royal pain.  These machines need to be taken in through an overhead door and placed in the immediate surrounding area.

Like I said, I have 3 of these Combo 2's.  I think AMS puts out a better combo and will go that route should I ever decide to buy another new combo (which I doubt).  While there are some exceptions that do make sense for using combos, as a general rule, I think you're better off most of the time to go with separate units.