First Location Advise on Equipment, Product

McMEnterpr

Hello everyone,

I'm getting ready to visit my first location. It has a Vendstar triple vending machine (all 3 containers filled with gumballs) that I have had located there for about a month. As you can imagine, I'm quite excited. The location is a Chinese buffet that caters to families and immigrants.  

However, if the machine does poorly (less than $10), I was planning to either:

1. Replace 2 of the canisters with superballs and a type of bulk candy (ie, PMMs)

2. Replace the machine with a Northwestern gumball machine or Beaver gumball machine and use the Vendstar at another location

What do you believe would be the most profitable choice?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'm glad you asked about this.

I'd replace two of the canisters with something other than gumballs.

Afterall, isn't that the reason triples were invented? To give people three different

choices of products. Thereby giving the vending operator a chance at maximizing his/her profits.

If you want to go with gumballs switch out machines, and utilize the Vendstar elsewhere.

BTW, If you do put superballs in one canister be sure to put the standard warning

label on it stating that they are toys and not for children under three years of age.

Dave

what i would do is if you want to stay with a triple get an xyz machine since they have a gumball wheel. You will make more money on gum with 1 inch gumballs then the minis. or i would go the northwestern way and make a triple with a 50 cent 2inch cap in the middle m&m or some type of candy in one head and 1 inch gumballs in the 3rd head. I did this at a dinner i had was making 26 dollars every 2 months with 2 other triples next to me. After i moved my vendstar and put in my 3 head set up i am making 250 dollar every 2 months and have forced the other 2 triple machines to leave since i guess i took all there business.