Question on Florida Taxes

Exelius

I actually started a discussion on another thread and should have put it here about the required stickers in florida. How do you guys read this following statement?

The machine operator must remit tax on the total receipts from the machine. Owners leasing a machine to an operator must register and collect sales tax from the operator on the lease payments. A location owner must register and collect sales tax and local surtax on the commission or fee received from the operator. If the location owner fails to collect tax on the commission or the machine owner fails to collect the tax on the machine lease, the lessee or licensee must remit the state and local surtaxes due on their sales and use tax return (Form DR-15).

A machine operator who has a direct pay permit from us can self-accrue and pay the tax due on the commission, license fee, or rent paid to the location owner. This relieves the location owner of the obligation to collect tax. To apply for a permit, submit an

Application for Self-Accrual Authority/Direct Pay Permit – Sales and Use Tax (Form DR-16A). This form is on our Internet site at www.myflorida.com/dor.

I read it as 1. I am responsible to pay taxes on every quarter that comes out of the machines, however the location owner is responsible to pay taxes on his commision from me, however if he doesn't I have to pay for his taxes? Also, if the location owner is responsible do we as operators have to give them tax forms at the end of the year based on total receipts they were given? I may be nuking this statement but I just want to be honest but also dont want to do anything extra thats not necessary, know what I mean?

Archived