Need advice

grumpy

I have 17 location about 500 miles round trip.(220 each way plus in town driving)

I'm thinking of doing some changes like:

Change square globes to round globes (2 lb increase in capacity)

Remove all chocolate and nuts

Replace with gumballs and pan candy (nitswitz, zingy zaps, jelly beans)

90 to 120 day cycle from 60 day cycle

Of course the other solution is to add them to my garage collection. (locators not working as well as I hoped) With 3 different business it is hard to find motivation and time to locate myself. (oh and I'm lazy :D)

Any advice?

Grumpy

thats a great idea, that what im doing, i have 17 mahcines out, and 3 more locations coming, and im going with mike and ikes, and gumballs for now on, grannted i will have around 17 machines with pm&m and stuff, but for now on im doing hard candys and going on a 30-60 day cycle

Brian, it is part of a purchased route.

It is the furthest portion of the route, with low returns(hence why I believe I can do 120 cycle).

The other vendor had combined it with another small town which actually made it profitable to service together. The problem is it is a 15 hour day, if you have no problems.

The way he did it was drive to the closer town and do a portion of it then continue to the furthest town then back to the closest town to get the places that were not open earlier. (The route is actually 6 different small communities clumped in two different areas) total of 30 locations.

My idea will affect 17 of those locations, kind of hard to do a 120 day cycle on the other community, as I have a mill with 8 heads, and a mall with 4 heads that does well.

My orginal plan was to only locate in my local town, as I got the machines out I would have brought back the furthest machines for more local locations. This has not gone as planned, and I'm not sure how much of my time I can commit to locating this summer.

Grumpy

Hmmm, a bit of a pickle.  I think if it were me, I would switch to a 120 day cycle, or sell the route.   But if you had the time, you could slowly relocate them closer to you.  Maybe pulling the really slow machines and locate them closer???

Let us know what you decide Grumpy.

Grumpy:

What direction are they in from you? Are they off toward Sudbury or south of you? I met a guy a couple of years ago, I think he was around Port Loring. He was thinking about vending. I can see if I still have his number.

You can pm me if you want.

Ted

Gman that was my original Idea (closer) but for now I'm leaning towards the 120 cycle.

Ted, towards Sudbury, you being from Ontario will understand how far Elliot Lake and Blind River is from North Bay. Selling would be the ultimate solution but it is too small of a route to interest too many people(they tried to sell it with thier Sudbury route years ago but..). The Orginal vendor lived in Sudbury and travelled east to North Bay, and traveled west to Espanola, Massey, Elliot Lake and Blind River.

Grumpy

Grumpy:

That really is a long haul. If you keep it I would definitely go to a 4 month cycle. In the winter maybe a little more.

There is quite a retirement community developing in Elliot Lake. Perhaps you could advertise in a local paper there and see if someone is looking for sometrhing to do and a little side income.

Ted