Strap it or bolt it

Hi all--

I think I've found a reasonable policy for liability but they require that my machines be either bolted to the floor, or strapped to a pole or some other structure for stability.

Does anyone else do this for insurance, for all their machines? What do you use--chains, etc?

I notice that Beaver company sells straps for their machines for this purpose.

Thanks for any help.

Barb

CandyGirl

My concern would be the location owner allowing holes in the floor or the wall. My insurance did not require this (Canadian) but then again I cannot say it is reasonable.

Grumpy

Of course the other argumeent could be as long as you have a heavy stable base, why would it tip?

Barb,

I can understand what the insurance company is asking for but have you every seen any bulk vending machine bolted to the floor or strapped to a wall? I chain my bulk stands to other racks like magazine racks in same stores but not for insurance reasons.

I would maybe check with another insurance company before signing up. Beaver supplies a strap and bolts with their machines when you buy them new. Mine are still laying in the garage.

I know there are some locations I would like to bolt the machine to the floor. But that's for another day.

Gary

I think you guys are right. I can't imagine any business owner agreeing to drilling into his floor and I sure wouldn't want to ask.

I've never seen any machine bolted to the floor or strapped to anything either. That's a good point.

I'll keep looking. :-(

Thanks for the input.

Barb