Vending Software Question

KPower

I was wondering what features you would like to have in your vending software. Are there any calculations that you would find useful that are not available? Reports or analysis? I am trying to develop some of my own and I would like some input as to what others find useful. Also is there anything that you think is worthless or should be eliminated?

I am not a programmer but I work with excel alot and have taken some programming classes. I was debating on writing a program in C++ but for now I was planning on using Excel. A lot can be done with excel by using array formulas and macros. The more I use it the more I am amazed by its versatility. I'm interested in your project. I'd like to hear more about it.

Mine will be web based with the ability to use it either through your wireless enabled phone or a pda. It pretty much will be basic the first time out, but I hope as more users take advantage of it I will be able to grow the software. It will allow you to track locations, manage inventory, and set up routes. It will be done in Java, I'm a Java Programmer, and I think it will be worth using even if you have a expensive vending program as you can always take this one on the road.

Currently, I am working on the UI, I want to make it as easy as possible, then I will dive into the code.

I agree there are a lot of things to do with Excel, I am using it right now, however I love web applications backed by a DB so that is the way I chose to go.