RS800/850 12oz cans "sticking" in the bins and not rolling down

Maybe someone here can help me with this problem. I have some 800vending combo machines, the RS800/850 and the bins for the 12oz cans don't always vend correctly.

I have having problems in all my machines with the cans in bins 1-3 not rolling to the back like they are supposed to. People on location think the machine is sold out and when I open it, there are cans in the rows. I can push them to the back and they will go through the gate. I have tried emptying the entire bin, wiping the bin and the cans down and reloading it, but the problem comes back. My first thought is that it may be condensation, but all the machines are in air conditioned/climate controlled areas. This is causing service issues and increasing my cost to service having to make special trips to unstick cans. Not to mention it makes me look bad to the customers. Its not that the gate is jammed, the cans aren't rolling back to the gate in the first place. For example, it may vend some of the cans on the top row and when I go check it, it may be vending from the 2nd or 3rd row when I can see cans on the top row. Then I can push the cans on the top row and they will roll back to the gate. Its not always the top row, it can be any of them. When I push them they roll fine, but it seems like gravity alone is not always enough for them to move like they are supposed to. The machines are on a level floor.

I know BobTHJ has similar machines so maybe he will chime in. Is there something the racks could be coated with to solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated. I know, I know, the best way to solve these problems would have been to not buy them in the first place.

They are being loaded correctly. The gate is not getting stuck open(thus not allowing cans above it to drop down). The gates are closing as they should. Cans in the front of the row are not rolling all the way back to the gate. It may vend a few from that row, then the gate will close(as the remaining cans on that row have not rolled back to the gate to push it open). So its vending from the next row when there are cans in the middle(not near the gate) of the previous row that never rolled down.

Archived