Dentyne Ice misvend

curcla

You will experience occasional 1 or 3 piece vends. If you're experiencing unusually high 1 piece vends it may be due to the gum swelling a bit due to the environment (is it in a high moisture/humidity area?).  The fix to this is to slightly enlargen the holes in the wheel with a fine grain sanding bit on a dremmel or standard drill. This should greatly reduce the 1 piece vends (We can do this for you at no charge if you don't want to or can't do it on your own).  The three piece vends are typically caused by a pellet  of gun squeezing between the springs on the spring housing and dropping with the 2 pieces from the wheel. Maintaining only 1 bag or less in the canister will reduce this as there's less weight pressing down on the product at the bottom.  Hope this helps.

Please feel free to call us with further questions or if you want us to modify the wheels for you.

Steve,  spvg

• 2 months later...

I had a real big problem with a double DI and Certs capsule A&A Supreme machine today.  Its at a very high end spa.  The capsules were breaking open when vended.  So.....I took the machine back to the shop today and switched it out for a double head DI and Certs machine ( Superpro's machines no capsules ). I have a nice stable black stand on it.  I get it there and am careful to only put a bag and a little from a 2nd bag in each head and I tried them.  The Certs machine was fine.  The DI machine was a total disaster.  Nothing came out.  # came out. Nothing came out. 1 came out. Nothing came out.  I was in a sweat.  Theres nothing like looking like a total golpher standing in front of your machine not beiung able to fix it. So.......I took this double back and switched one DI machine for another I had.  It worked fine.  I brought the double back and left.  ( whew! )

I am so sick of this capsule routine I got goin' with the A&A Supremes.  I just dont trust it.  I have another double like that at JC Penney.  It does $30 per month.  I know for a fact it mis vends all the time.  I gotta change it when I get back.

Maury called me the same day and told me I had one piece stuck in the opening. Sure enough when I emptied the machine there was one stuck there. The warm and humid weather has a tendency to do that on a few pieces. All is well now.

T Bird Johnny wrote:

I had a real big problem with a double DI and Certs capsule A&A Supreme machine today.  Its at a very high end spa.  The capsules were breaking open when vended.  So.....I took the machine back to the shop today and switched it out for a double head DI and Certs machine ( Superpro's machines no capsules ). I have a nice stable black stand on it.  I get it there and am careful to only put a bag and a little from a 2nd bag in each head and I tried them.  The Certs machine was fine.  The DI machine was a total disaster.  Nothing came out.  # came out. Nothing came out. 1 came out. Nothing came out.  I was in a sweat.  Theres nothing like looking like a total golpher standing in front of your machine not beiung able to fix it. So.......I took this double back and switched one DI machine for another I had.  It worked fine.  I brought the double back and left.  ( whew! )

I am so sick of this capsule routine I got goin' with the A&A Supremes.  I just dont trust it.  I have another double like that at JC Penney.  It does $30 per month.  I know for a fact it mis vends all the time.  I gotta change it when I get back.

I have a tendency to modify things to do what they are not supposed to do. We probably had the first reliable 1" bubble gum vend head on a Vendstar 3000.

If you have shallow candy wheels, you might try finding material that you could cut to a single piece to fill the product slots, then drill an appropriate size hole in the center, round off the edges of the new product hole and then hot glue them into the wheel.

The result may vend 3-4 sometimes, but over all it will save you money and time over the cost of caps as it is a one-time fix.

Just an idea.