Coinco BA30B Bill Acceptor Not Working...

CobraGT40

Hi all

I recently purchased a Dixie Narco 501E soda machine that my boss was getting rid of. It's in good shape and I got an awesome deal on it...However, it does have an issue or two. First of which isn't really an issue, just need to convert it to dispense 12 oz cans (it's set up for 20 oz bottles).

The other issue is the bill acceptor (Coinco BA30B) doesn't seem to work. When you plug the machine in, or close the door, you can hear the bill acceptor whirring through its paces. However, when you go to insert a bill, it will take it in about an inch then spit it back out. I removed the bill acceptor and gave it a good cleaning (there was an excellent how-to video on You Tube). It was a little dirty inside, but I cleaned out the teeth on all the gears, which were pretty dirty.

Putting it back together was pretty easy and the re-install was even easier. However, that didn't fix the issue I'm having. Does anyone have any ideas on what my next step should be ? Is there some kind of sensor I need to clean or replace that I might have missed ?

Thanks !

Scott

I was having a similar issue with my bill acceptor about 6 months ago and i sent mine to Vendors Exchange and they fixed it (rather sent me one they had in stock that was working properly) I can't remember the price but i think it was about $75 and it was super fast getting back to me.

Where are you in IL?

I was having a similar issue with my bill acceptor about 6 months ago and i sent mine to Vendors Exchange and they fixed it (rather sent me one they had in stock that was working properly) I can't remember the price but i think it was about $75 and it was super fast getting back to me.

Where are you in IL?

Thanks, Ruff....i might give that a shot. I'm in Aurora (Wayne's World) ...about 40 miles west of Chicago.

Scott

Archived