Need a V-line Coin Mech.

new2this

Hi,

I place a quarter in the mech and it doesn't turn.  I loosen the screw a little, no luck.  I tighten the screw a little, no luck.  I sprayed a little WD40, Nothing.  I tried a little Vaseline, again Nothing.  Thanks.

Coop

On the back of the mech. there is a small flat tension plate, (brass color) that holds down a piece of metal that is about the same size. It is held down by a small screw with lock washer. If you tighten or loosen that screw it doesn't change anything. The coin still doesn't move around the mech. Are you with me so far?

If you take that flat tension plate off and straighten it out it should help. Just don't overdo it or the mech. will spin around and around. If that happens it's to loose. You have to play with it until it is just right. Then try putting a quarter in it and it should work. Put the screw and washer back and tighten good.

Let me know if this makes sense to you and if it works.

Gary

Hello,

Very busy and hot weekend in the NYC.  Thanks Gary.  I took apart everything and flattened out that brass thing, as well as, tighten up every screw on the coin mech and viola I am back in business and I saved a much needed $20. 

Coop