Liability Insurance

All:

It costs me $350 a year for a $2M liablility policy that covers any issues resulting from someone either claiming injury from my dispensed products or injury from the machine itself.

Regards,

Philo

I use Centurion Insurance. $240 a year. I put on my business card "Fully Licensed and Insured in Nevada", which I then tape to the back of my machines for ID contact info. 

Coverage:

Liability and Medical $1,000,000

Medical Expenses $5,000 per person

Fire Legal Liability $50,000 (maybe I don't need this unless PMM spontaneously combust)

Beth

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys I finally got my insurance taking care of 350 a year. Funny thing is my husband ask the owner of the insurance place to place a machine and he said yes. When back home and got it. That was the quickes placement we have ever made. We placed 4 machines yesterday. Am up to 31 now working up to my 53. The  rest are in the basement calling to me.

I want to thank all for your help in picking out an insurance. Your input was very helpful. I am more relax now.

Gwen

I called on friday the 18th and talked to a State Farm rep. They quoted me $300 per year with a $1,000,000 liability coverage. I only have $1,000 coverage on property and don't really think I need much on that. She said I could not place any machine out side so this will hurt a little bit with full line vending should I get into this.

OK..How many of you carry it?

Why do you carry it?

What does it cover?

I have The Hartford. Liability and medical expenses 2 million, medical expenses any one person $10,000. $350 a year.

I carry it because I have assets, and if someone choked on a gumball and sued me, or a child climbed on the machine and it fell on him, I could be liable. Granted it probably doesn't happen very often, and maybe it never has, but if a judge can sue the owners of a laundromat for 67 million dollars because they lost his pants, and it went all the way to court (ruling in favor of the couple) before being resolved, I feel better having it.

Barb

I have all my insurances with state farm. When I call the for a quate they said they couldn't help me.

I thought that was odd. I would have thought they would at least quote me and just give me a higher Number for the year. One other insurance quote me for $901 a year. So I went with the $350 a year.

Gwen

• 2 weeks later...

Hey my statefarm rep in central NJ got me insurance for under $300. He does my homeowner's insurance too so maybe that is why. I think he said that since I do toys it was cheaper. If I did food and other stuff it would cost more.