Jumped into Full Line Vending with Two Machines

dkochan

I placed two Drink Time VM-250 machines on Thursday.  I do bulk vending and placed one of each of these machines in two of my existing bulk locations.  One location is a self-storage center and the other is a barber shop.  I bought these machines for $300 each and a change machine for $150.  I am selling soda's $0.75 each.  The self-storage center wants a snack machine, so I am purchasing the a Drink Time VM-150 snack machine for $150 to mount on top of the VM-250.. 

http://buyritevending.com/vm250_large_view.htm

In NZ I buy a can of pepsi for 59cents and sell it for $1.50. If you went to a dairy then it would probably cost you $2.00!

Where as a can of coke...costs $1.10 wholesale! Guess which can I prefer to sell?

Congrats, but imo you can probably sell the soda for $0.85-$1.00, cause I have seen people charging $1.25 for a can of coke

I checked vending machines near me.  The going rate is $0.75 per 12 oz can.

• 8 months later...

Have you considered how many one time buyers or not often buyers you have? You can probably get the $1 for ea because you are at a self-storage building. Those people probably sweat a lot moving things in and out. Also, how many times do the same people buy from the machine? If it's a large storage place I bet they have a bunch of new customers who would pay the full dollar.

at 10 vends per day that's an extra $75 per month going into your pocket. I'm just saying :)