Vending Show Workshops

Big Mike

I have not ever been to one. What kind of workshops do they have now? I would like to see as many different kinds of machines as possible. A hands on of the machine. Take it apart, look it over for quality. Warnings about some of the poor quality ones with examples of why they are bad.

maybe a customer relations workshop where they teach you how to make first contact with potential clients and how to sell yourself to them.

Business plan making. Record keeping. Taxes.

Tips on Locating for sure.  Also I would like to see things on how to organize a route and bookkeeping of all of it.  Like price per oz, how much each bulk candy sold vs profit.  If that make any sense I don't know.

• 1 year later...

1. Taxes

2. Record keeping (primarily for taxes)

3. Protecting yourself from lawsuits/penalties for poor record keeping

4. See new kinds of vending machines, hands ON, examine them

5. Get the names/numbers of people who buy over priced new equipment so I can try to buy it from their garage in 4 months... maybe don't give a class on that, might interfere with my business :)

All good ideas here.

Maybe add:

Tips on using a vending forum. With topics such as "How to recognize a very old thread."

While I am kidding, somewhat :) , I do like many of the ideas presented, both old and new. Especially Bud's "How to locate for locators" and #5 from lurtsman!

Scott

All good ideas here.

Maybe add:

Tips on using a vending forum. With topics such as "How to recognize a very old thread."

;D

Well the forum does alert you if you try to post to a thread that is more than 30 days old but it only alerts the first reply to the old thread. That would've been iknpeg. Everyone else gets a pass.  ;)