Anyone feeling the pinch this time of year?

andyrosen

Fact is, my bulk vending locations are slowing down his time of year.  I’m hoping it’s not due to the alleged recession but I’d like everyone’s feedback. 

I’m growing a bulk vending route in a city in the southwestern part of the country.  I live in a comparatively small city in relation to Los Angeles or Houston.

Granted, many of the snowbirds left to head north for the summer and many college students have headed home or to the beach as well.  To be fair, about half the people I know form here took vacation time and left this city either the week’s before or after the July 4th weekend. 

All this said, I'm a very long way from giving up as I see incredible long term potential in this business. 

So, what’s everyone else experiencing this time of year? Thanks to all in advace that responded to this post :-)

Andy

I think it has a lot to do with the economy, every where i go, I hear of people raising prices just because the gas prices keep on rising so it is more expensive to ship.  It is hitting every business, food, design, and of course vending. 

I think it has a lot to do with the economy, every where i go, I hear of people raising prices just because the gas prices keep on rising so it is more expensive to ship.  It is hitting every business, food, design, and of course vending. 

Andy:

Are you feeling the pinch as well?

Andy

I can't say I'm feeling any pinch for this time of the season. If anything, it's slightly busier because the schools are out. I have most of my machines in adult oriented places and the summer months the parents have the kids tagging along with them.

According to the seasoned vendors here, the winter months are the slow time of year. Especially around the holidays.

Hi Andy,

I thought vending was supposed to be "recession proof".

Maybe that was some Biz-Op propaganda I was reading. :D

Our locations were down slightly compared to last month, but were still in the ball park compared to past months sales. I attribute it to people taking vacations and just a general slower summer month. At least I hope that's what it is.

Dave

-------

Yeah I'm feeling the pinch, paying for gas is taking up half my pay check every week now, it is really pissing me off. 

Lurker, just remember I don't own buzz bite vending machines quite yet, so I can't tell you monthly revenues for the machines, I want to own some in the future so that I will have some extra income for college, so I will be able to do other stuff then sitting in my dorm room studying all the time.  All I'm saying is that I'm doing pretty bad because gas prices are going up, and I know that any business that has to ship things are raising their prices too.   For example my mother has culinary place and she has to raise her prices, because her food shipping company has raised theirs.