ants/bugs

surfmsm

i read in another post that you can spray pam or put vaseline on the base of the machine, im curious from other members  if they have used this method and it works, and if there other ideas for kepping the bugs away  

I don't know if it will work with vending machines or not but they say to draw a line with chalk and that ants wont pass this. I have done this at home and they didn't pass it they just found a way around it, however beeing that the poles are round maybe it would work.

This may just be an old wise tale but non (that I could tell) crosed the chalk outside my place. They may just cross if it is the only way to the food.

Someone said in the linked forum that they were a pest controll person. If you read this please let us know if it is fact or fiction.

I don't know if it will work with vending machines or not but they say to draw a line with chalk and that ants wont pass this. I have done this at home and they didn't pass it they just found a way around it, however beeing that the poles are round maybe it would work.

This may just be an old wise tale but non (that I could tell) crosed the chalk outside my place. They may just cross if it is the only way to the food.

Someone said in the linked forum that they were a pest controll person. If you read this please let us know if it is fact or fiction.

Bugman, That would be me. I have never heard about the chalk thing. Sounds like a good Myth Buster topic.

Bryan

Hey I found where they asked this on Yahoo answers and there it seems pretty controversial. Some say yes some say no. I guess it couldn't hurt. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070402150528AAjp2mt

Here is what we need to do.

Put a poison block under, put a chalk line around the base, put Vaseline around the pole, spam above the Vaseline, then double sided tape above that, and bay leaves inside. One of them is likely to do the trick. I think I covered them all. LOL

Uh oh desert_gold_hound, I'm going to add one more.

Cayenne Pepper

I heard you can put this down if you have an ant problem, and they will run the other way, and move their house three blocks down the street, to get away from it.

Dave

-------

Uh oh desert_gold_hound, I'm going to add one more.

Cayenne Pepper

I heard you can put this down if you have an ant problem, and they will run the other way, and move their house three blocks down the street, to get away from it.

Dave

-------

I have one that has been infested with ants TWICE.... the first time he said they just went away...they always have ants there before i came:( so he uses ant gel wherever he finds them...

But here is what i did, I put cotton balls in the coin tray with orange oil, bay leaves and peppermint oil

Then i put vaseline around the pole where the machine sits under and I put vaseline around the bottom of the candy machine in the cracks of it.

THEN i put some taro ant killer around the bottom of the stand. And I just felt that wasnt enough. I also put combat ant killer gel around there..lol

I heard an unwrapped peppermint gum works also but didnt ahve any

Maybe some peppermint altoids eh?

No idea if my solution works, but they havent called yet. It's been almost a week i think?

Hey Ahha,

If all of that doesn't work I think the only thing left would be land mines.:D

I hope it works out for you.

David

LOL!  Hope it works Ahha!