Sticker Machines-- Profitable?

McMEnterpr

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I recently got a sticker machine for a pretty good deal when buying some other bulk candy machines (single heads). I haven't had any experience with selling stickers so far. If you have a minute or two to answer some of my questions, it would be most appreciated:

1. Are sticker machines profitable, in your experience? If so, what kind of places do you have them located?

2. How do you figure out what kind of stickers to buy?

3. It seems like a lot of stickers relate to movies that have come out recently. Do you find that the stickers sell well for a few weeks after a movie is released and then sales drop off?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

• 3 months later...

Brain, I just located this post and what a good questions. I have had a lot of experience with sticker machines. We currently have 68 out on location. The are very profitable if you find the right product. Sickers are ok but the real money makers are Tattoos. They average from .10 to .15 cents a piece and sell for .50, so there is a good markup on them. The best stickers to by in my opinion is NO STICKERS, by Tattoos. When you start buying licensed products your profit goes down, they are always more expensive and you always get hung with the product. After the movie hype goes down so will your sells. If you are still looking to purchase some product for this machine contact VSI. And just ask them for there best selling Tattoo and they will send it right out to you. Here is there web site http://www.vendingsupply.com/. Good luck to you

we have been expending our sticker biz very aggrasive they are the most profitable part of the bulk biz today. i agree that the best supplier is VSI, but i shop and buy from sevral other suppliers as well. we also do mostly tattos but for stickers i do very well with sponge bob stickers  from A&A.

Simon

I do much better with stickers than tattoos. In fact, I am in the process of joining my competition by increasing all my stickers from 0.50 to 0.75.

I've been pondering this for a while now and I think its overdue. Especially since I went to my local pizza shop last night and noticed my competition moving from 0.75 to 1.00 on his stickers! You go Mr. S! (T Bird, you know who I'm talking about. ;))

Steve

Steve

yes if you are in areas of the USA with cold winter than stickers will do better year around im in california so tattos do well year around we have summer for 12 month.

we need to do a list of stickers and tattos top sellers and best suppliers for this targted merchandise.

Simon

I am using flatline primarly. I have bought a little from VSI with good sucess of there product. Simon I have had no luck at all with the spongebob money, I guess just a difference in our location? I have had a lot of success with Ice Tattoos and Sugar Tattoos. I have just prefered Tattoos due to not getting hung with a great deal of product that I can not sell.

I do much better with stickers than tattoos. In fact, I am in the process of joining my competition by increasing all my stickers from 0.50 to 0.75.

I've been pondering this for a while now and I think its overdue. Especially since I went to my local pizza shop last night and noticed my competition moving from 0.75 to 1.00 on his stickers! You go Mr. S! (T Bird, you know who I'm talking about. ;))

Steve

No wonder he drove an '08 CTS to the conference in Maryland..........!...........;)