Packaging/Repackaging of Camdy/Food Items

matt77

Hey all!

I'm exploring bulk vending as a side business and so far I'm fairly impressed with a lot of the information I'm finding and with the knowledgeable and friendly members on this forum! Glad to have found such a valuable resource!

I have a couple of questions that hopefully some of you can shed some light on... What are the laws/guidelines to providing proper labeling for candy/foods that aren't being loosely vended? For example, if I wanted to vend a 2" capsule filled with nuts/trail mix, what is required on the machine in order to adhere to laws regarding the retailing of food?

To be honest, I'm also a bit confused how anyone can handle food items (candy/nuts/etc) outside of a "clean environment" (commercial kitchen, etc.). I'm not suggesting any of you are handing food items in an unsanitary way, I'm just looking for some clarity on the issue!

Thanks to all of your insight in advance and I'm looking forward to hopefully becoming a part of the vending community!

Candy that is packaged is done so in 'food grade' plastic containers or bags. You cant just use any plastic. 2" capsules are not 'food grade'. In addition when capsules are opened every once in a while the plastic capsule can chip and the possibility if a sharp plastic shard in the nuts/trail mix exists. Its just a bad idea.

Archived