Selectivend Full Line Machines

T BIRD

Selectivend.com is a 75 year old company.  Sam's Club sells their drink and snack machines.  I like that they deliver to your site and set everything up for you and also you can be trained on site by someone ( for a fee ) on how to use the machines.

I looked on here to see if folks have talked about this manufacturer and their quality.  Does anyone have any feedback about their snack and soda machines?  I am seruiously considering setting up five locations with snack and soda machines to see if I can handle it and see how it goes for us.

They are a division of the Wittern group. I didn't buy from the Selectivend dept but they are really all the same. I Have 5 of their machines. I bought 3 then 2 more 18 months later. I think they are great machines. I would not however buy anything smaller than a 23 select. I have a 19 and wish I didn't. They are not the same machine. I have been to a 3 day school they put on and have toured the plant. I have also been to Wittern on several other occasions. They do deliver your machine to the location but I had trouble both times with the "Setup and training" No worries though. They are very easy to set up. The program cheat sheet is very easy to follow. Wendi does most of our servicing so when I run them Im always getting it out to change prices ect...... let me know if you want to know anything specific.

Mike

That's a big help Mike thanks!  Knowing its part of the Wittern Group makes me feel comfortable.  23 selections huh?  Wow.......it seems like alot.  They have a ten drink machine to go alongside the 23 snacks.  Ten drink selection enough you think Mike? Or is six enough ?

Also Mike......are you a believer in two separate machines ( snack and drink ) or a good size combo with enough selections of each?

I believe in using the local bottler for soda machines if you can. I do and it helps keep costs down. Of course you have to sell the pop they do. Some allow you the two bottom holes for "other". Coke rules most of the world but the mid-west is Pepsi country. They wont even talk to me about using their machine but Coke and RC will. I wouldn't buy a combo like it the first pic. If I had to buy a soda machine it would be separate. The bottom picture is of a 19 select that I don't care for and a satellite soda machine. The shelves in it don't have rollers they just slide metal on metal and the is no price tape that you can roll up or down. Just stickers you have to peel off. But I guess you don't want to over buy for a small location. I bought direct from Wittern because Im only 90 miles from the plant. So I couldn't offer advise on a distributor. I can let you know what I paid for the 23's so you can judge if the distributor is piling on.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...