Incredible Deal!

rjpapageorgio

I responded to an ad this week in the classifieds for 30 candy machines for $500.  Of course I thought it was too good to be true, but decided to follow up on it anyway.  Turns out it was a misprint... There were 31 machines! lol

They were all 1-800 vends only about 18 months old, and 21 of the 31 already have great locations.  In addition she allowed me to collect the money when she showed me the route.  Of course they bought them from a friend who didn't know anything about the business (got scammed), and wasn't able to teach them anything either when she sold it.  Example: They had no idea how to adjust the candy wheels, jammed coin mechs, poured candy/peanut products in the gumball wheel sections, no labels, etc.

By the end of the day I had replaced all the products, threw some labels on the machines (these things were looking like something you'd see in a magazine).  Oh yeah and I ended up collecting over $200.  So the bottom line is, I ended up getting these for less than $10 a piece with locations.  When I handed her the $500 I wanted her to count it, and she said “Oh I don’t care I’m just happy to be rid of these things!" lol

I don’t think I’ll ever get this lucky again, but it does help off set the $4k I lost to my previous shady locator.  I guess everything always works itself out in the end!

Anyone else thinking of selling.... PLEASE drop me a line. :D

RJ

Yeah I know seems too good to be true.  I ended up collecting about $235 when I ran the route.  Four machines needed parts and it came to guess?  Yep $235. lol

So at the end of the day it worked out to $16 for the machines and location.  AWESOME!

I've been searching the classifieds everyday, so far nothing else.

RJ

Hello, I am new to the business and curious how you ended up out 4k to a shady locater service? any tips to avoid shady locaters?

Welcome aboard Fenderman.  That is a very good question.  I am still sifting through leads and possibilities for an in person locator if I choose to go that route and increase my location size quickly.  Telephone using locators are a little easier to find.  Read up on the boards about them.