Opinion on Snack/Soda route for sale

guile

First post here!! Looks like a GREAT site and a very "tight-nit" community/family. I hope to establish some friendships and learn a lot. It is really great to see so many people who just want more out of life. Whether a little more or a lot, as long as we just DO, we should ALL meet our goals (in time).

I am considering purchasing a smaller (existing) snack/soda route. Below is the breakdown of what is included in the just under $20k asking price.

I’m looking for (hopefully) opinions on this deal and perhaps some ideas of a guideline/base for what I should look at when considering buying a route.

This route is grossing $12k a year.

Snack Automatic Products 122-632 Snackshop 32 select candy/snack; 5 select gun/mint

Drink Royal Vendors Merlin IV RVDVE650 10 select drink

Snack Automatic Products 122B-632 Snackshop 32 select candy/snack; 5 select gun/mint

Combination National 497D Refreshment Center 4 20 select candy/snack; 10 select drink; 5 select gum/mint

Combination Antares FMR-7 Drink 7 select drink

Antares RMC-9 Snack 9 select candy/snack

Antares CM-222 Dollar bill changer

Antares RMC-9 Snack 9 select candy/snack

Antares CM-222 Dollar bill changer

Antares RMC-9 Snack 9 select candy/snack[/b]

This is a total of 7 machines and a Dodge caravan (92) with shelving for product. In addition to the 7 machines that are on location (6 accounts total), there are an additional 12 machines in storage.

Any help is MUCH appreciated.

First of all welcome to Vendiscuss Guile.

I am mainly in bulk vending but here is what I know. Be sure to ask for documents about income and review them. Be sure that $12K is acurate (from your info it sounds about right). If all 19 machines are included and are in good condition and working order, I would say it is a "fair" deal, but not a great one. However, there is nothing wrong with throwing a lowball offer. ;)

I will tell you that some full-line vendors on here do not like the Planet Antares machines. They all have mechanical coin mechs that I believe are plastic. Here is a good link for you: http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=2038&forum_id=3&highlight=antares

WOW! That was a quick response:) Thank you for that info and I will look further into type of machines and how others are fairing with them. Honestly, I am more leaning towards bulk for several reasons (not to mention the fact that I already have 10 or more machines). I'm sure the profit margin is higher with soda/snacks (well, cept for gumballs:), but they also bring their fare share of headaches too. I'm not mechanically inclined enough to fix a refrigerator unit but I'm sure I can replace a coin mech on a triple head. Thanks again.

g