Reinforcing a Vendstar front lens

CJvending

Does anyone have any advice on reinforcing a vendstar front lens BEFORE it comes off? Obviously after it comes off you can superglue the fine edge, but I'm looking for a preemptive strike. Btw I've tried to superglue on an old canister lens that hadn't fallen off yet and it didn't work. You have to wait for it to fall off completely, to get the superglue in the correct place. Any help would be really appreciative. Btw I have never used superglue on a machine I have put candy or gum in. I've just done tests on old broken parts.

Use welder superglue. I've been using it for years with vendstars and they never come apart again. It's by far the best glue out there. If you can't find it in stores you will find it on eBay or amazon.

If the lens is partially coming off I rip it off and glue the whole part back together.

Yeah Welder adhesive. It's a red tube. I've ripped them off successfully 99% of the time without damaging. Once in awhile damage does occur.

If just the top part of the lens is a little loose I don't rip it because the lens will most likely break. If its halfway or more it will come off easily. The glue rocks!!

• 4 weeks later...

Drseuss be careful with that welder's adhesive. I was looking into it. It contains tolulene and it is toxic. While shopping around for a superglue-like substance for this purpose i called the company and they not to use that stuff on food contact surfaces. It's your business, just giving you a heads up.

Use caution when handling the canister and only manipulate or remove it from the body by gripping the rear portion for one.  Two, remember the lid does hold it in place so dont worry about it peeling off from the top due to product weight.  I've found that it does not happen often but if you do want to repair it place the glue on the outside by the seam.  Remember its a repair, like newheart said why not utilize a replacement instead of it splitting when you take off the lid and having product spill everywhere on location?

Archived