Summit Vending

So these are weekly totals from four locations right? Ballpark figure Brian, what is your net profit per week from that $989.55 total?

And how often do you need to service these four locations? One time per week? More? Less? Inquiring minds want to know.

Gary & John

John in regards to your question my profit margin is between 40-45% which includes all costs( gas,product....etc). I cover my entire route twice a week due to the coffee machines. Location 4 is a daily fill. Total time spent on entire route about 9 hours total which includes drive time and accounting. Also just to throw something out there that will even make location 4 look even better, snack and the flavored water machine are only used two hours a day. Gary to answer your question I would have to say the soda machines do the best due to the profit margin. But in regards to location 4 volume drives the bus and would have to go with the snack machine. This is a very hard question but I believe I would have to say overall the machines compliment each other very well as all bases are covered due to the needs of all 4 locations. Believe it or not the hardest part about this route is getting a good menu dialed in regardless of profit margins. I hope this answers your questions.Sorry to address you both in the same email but I'm on my way to a meeting and wanted to get this out.

Brian

Brian,

I am really impressed with your numbers.

A few questions...

Can you go into more detail about the locations themselves? I am wondering how many employees are at these locations. Are they 5 or 7 day a week operations? Open 24 hours or 9-5? Blue, white or pink collar?

Thanks!

Steve

Revenue Report 10/6-10/8 3 Days Total

Location 1 $92.00 1 Snack 1 Soda 1 Water 1 Coffee

Location 2 $114.50 1 Snack 1 Soda 1 Coffee

Location 3 $63.25 1 Snack 1 Soda 1 Coffee 1 Water

Location 4 $432.95 1 Snack 1 Coffee 1 Water 1 Flavored Water

Total $702.70 All Locations Only Open 3 Days This Week 

Revenue Report 10/13-10/17 4 Days Total

Location 1 $63.50 1 Snack 1 Soda 1 Water 1 Coffee

Location 2 $112.00 1 Snack 1 Soda 1 Coffee

Location 3 $105.75 1 Snack 1 Soda 1 Coffee 1 Water

Location 4 $387.15 1 Snack 1 Coffee 1 Water 1 Flavored Water (:(Dropping off due to internal sales for a good cause at location 1-3 week duration)

Total $668.40 All Locations Only Open 4 Days This Week 

Revenue Report 10/20-10/24 5 Days Total

Location 1 $89.50 1 Snack 1 Soda 1 Water 1 Coffee

Location 2 $110.00 1 Snack 1 Soda 1 Coffee

Location 3 $84.75 1 Snack 1 Soda 1 Coffee 1 Water

Location 4 $498.50 1 Snack 1 Coffee 1 Water 1 Flavored Water (:(Dropping off due to internal sales for a good cause at location 3 week duration)

Total $782.75

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's moving back up Brian.

Fred,

Thanks, It is moving back up but I believe that you can only get so much from one location. My goal for location 4 was $200.00 per day and as you can see I'm a long ways away. I have tried everything possible in a short period of time and it still seems to stall out. I'm not complaining by any means and I'm satisfied with the results but I believe the above holds true in regards to how much one can expect from a location(traffic,employees,etc).

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Revenue Report 11/10-11/14 4 Days Total

Location 1 $100.25 1 Snack 1 Soda 1 Water  Removed Coffee Machine

Location 2 $100.35 1 Snack 1 Soda 1 Coffee

Location 3 $61.35 1 Snack 1 Soda 1 Coffee 1 Water

Location 4 $501.30 1 Snack 1 Coffee 1 Water 1 Flavored Water

All Locations Open 4 Days

Total $763.25

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...