Setting up like the big guys

lbizzell78

I was wondering do any of you guys use only single head venders and products other than pmm,mm skittles,gumballs and mike&ikes.now that runts are so hard to obtain my samclub no longer stock them on location my selection of candy is getting to be very small.i look at the big guys set ups and notice they have a large variety of long lasting candy choices by usind products mainly by the makers of dubble bubble gumballs .you know, the other varieties which you see on the box that you can order through samsclub. any way do they sell well for you guys? are they packaged in bags or boxes ? i want to know because i like just empting bags because it look better when refilling and everyone knows the product was fresh and factory sealed at time of refill. also i can see why so many pros swear by individual heads now being i started with triples and currently all i own. the main reason is adaptability. you can easily add more or take away whats not needed. all comments would be greatly appreciated also state your favorite single head brand ,price length of use and why is this your machine of choice. thanks

Until I am one of the big guys, I'm going to operate like one of the small guys. I want candy that sells the fastest...CHOCOLATE! The big guys can afford to let the candy sit for months without servicing the machines. It's what they want. They can have more locations this way. They use the law of diminishing returns to their favor. They use too many machines for a location so that they can have more locations yet service them less often.

I want more money faster so I can grow. I have to go with faster selling products. I use my company's small size as an advantage. I offer better products.

We have 900 triple & four head machines, averaging $13 / selection per month. So our triples average $39. WE RELOCATE BAD MACHINES, so our numbers are higher than average. And we do coke & snack machines too, and make a killing there. Did I mention that?

Anyway --- focus on offering multiple selections. And keep PMMs. They make money!!! Just don't put them in the sun OR in a hot environment. And they will last no longer than 90 days, so fill up the container just enough to get close to selling out. Do those tricks and you'll have little or no PMM waste, and you won't decrease your sales by 50% or more!!!

Good luck

The per vend really depends on how much you pay for the bag and how much you dispense with each vend. This thread will give you some ideas of how much product you'll dispense. Then just use some simple math to figure your profit per vend.

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=346&forum_id=1&highlight=serving+size

For example, if you give out 6 PMMs (1/2 ounce) and it costs you $7.50 for 3.5lbs, your cost is almost $0.07 per vend. So your profit is $0.18.