Spiral Gumball Machines .......are they worth it?

Edward4Him

#1 Has anyone taken a single and put in a spiral and can tell me the amount of sales increase?  #2 Also what is the average monthly take on your spirals?  I don't own any spiral gumball machines yet but I was looking at buying the almost 5' versions if it increased take.

Thanks, Ed

I put in spiral gumball machines with racks because they hold more gumballs than a standard single-head. I would replace a single-head with a spiral gumball machine if I'm selling out of gumballs or I plan on servicing the account every 4 - 6 months. Spirals tend to make more money than traditional heads.

I owned 10 spirals in the mid nineties.My machines placed in the malls averaged 200-300 per month.My best all time earnings in one month was 500.That took place in a mall in Milford,CT.during the Christmas shopping season one year.

Turbo.......   Owned??  With months like that why would you not still own them today.  Unless the mall closed of course.

Ed

Did you place them right next to Santa? Man that is a killer idea.  Lines of impatient children next to a spiral.  Dare to dream!

They are consistent earners. Mine average somewhere around 50 to 75 bucks. Not game changers but steady. Back in the 90s they were the "new" machine. I imagine pulling 200 to 500 bucks is really rare now. The good thing is the used market is flooded with them and you can buy them cheap.

To answer your question,I was earning 200-300 a month in the mid nineties when the novelty of these spirals were new.What really happened was the malls started to get to many of these machines in the malls.Then the mall management started to kick everyone out.Of course management realized the earnings these machines were generating and wanted in on them for themselves.These days if you can make 75.00 a month your doing real well.Boy do I miss those days!

Archived