Locating a rack

guile

guile,

Not a silly question at all. Unfortunately I have not found any locator that could or would locate a rack for me. I have since decided to do it myself and quickly realized that it was much easier than locating charity singles or doubles.

I simply went into locations and asked if they would let me rent a few square feet of space from them. I was quite surprised at the positive reactions I got. As a matter of fact, I am batting 1000 on commission rack placements. Seems people around here cant say no to making a few extra bucks for nothing.

I was so used to feeling like I was asking for a favor or being perceived as a salesman when I tried to locate charity that it was quite refreshing to feel like I was actually giving the location something they wanted.

I am still interested in trying a locator for racks but as more time goes by, I am seeing less of a need for it.

Steve

guile,

Not a silly question at all. Unfortunately I have not found any locator that could or would locate a rack for me. I have since decided to do it myself and quickly realized that it was much easier than locating charity singles or doubles.

I simply went into locations and asked if they would let me rent a few square feet of space from them. I was quite surprised at the positive reactions I got. As a matter of fact, I am batting 1000 on commission rack placements. Seems people around here cant say no to making a few extra bucks for nothing.

I was so used to feeling like I was asking for a favor or being perceived as a salesman when I tried to locate charity that it was quite refreshing to feel like I was actually giving the location something they wanted.

I am still interested in trying a locator for racks but as more time goes by, I am seeing less of a need for it.

Steve

Interesting. Thanks for that Steve. What type of commision would you offer to the location for your placement? (example, say an 8 head NW rack)

guile,

Take a peek at this thread. Especially post number 20

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=1410&forum_id=1&highlight=rack

It should give you some insight. You should figure out for yourself what your "point of no profit" is and offer commissions accordingly.

Steve

Again, thanks. I'm just curious what is the highest rate of commision you would consider offering?