Everything Under One Roof

T BIRD

I have spoken to the owner of this company at length last year about full line machines and his ability to help me get started.   I know its pricey in terms of 5 locations that he secures for me, 5 combo machines that he delivers to the sites I see first and approve, and replacement sites for locations that do not do well.  But.......it is so easy for me to be able to get started in full line.  The machine has 6 drinks, cans or bottles, with 19 snacks and is not too big.  Buying into 5 spots all inclusive can give me a chance to see if I like full line.  I am looking ahead though.  This would be for the beginning of next year. Is this company familiar to anyone?http://www.snacksodavendingroutes.com/combo.html

Posted Image

Johnny,

I am adding this thread to my favorites. With the bad luck I've been having lately getting my soda machines out on the street, companies like this are looking very attractive to me. I am very interested in your results.

Unfortunately I found a link to Buzz Bites on their site. I hope it's not a typical biz-op. Please keep us in the loop.

Steve

Looks like a biz-op set up but who knows if it is a good way to go. It seems like on the full line side of biz-ops you have a chance of making some money due to the type of machines. There is another biz-op out there offering 5 machines including locations and all the typical stuff for $17,000+ to start, they run all the way up to 30 machines including locations for $82,000+. I would think CL or Ebay along with a good locator might be as good a way to go as any, but I don't have any experience in his area. I am considering it more and more and researching it a lot. I see some great deals on machines on CL and I look at stuff within 50 miles of my zip on Ebay too. It seems like there are some really good deals on machines out there. I guess if you can find a good full line locator you could do it that way and probably save some money. Just some of my thoughts as I am thinking about this too.

David

T-Bird, I would be leery, some of the items on that site like Model #2, I see plenty of time on Craigslist for under $300. I think you would probably do better finding a relatively new used machine and a good locator to first break into snack and pop, but I only have one of each so I don't have a world of experience behind me.

I got bit by the bug on some small coffee machines and have developed a severe allergy to that type of entry, much prefer to test the water in as inexpensive manner as i can.

Stay away from this kind of deals !!!

find your own location and buy used machines - it'll cost you less than half than what this people are asking (actually,much less than half !)

look at cl of your area , u might find people who are trying to sell existing routes.

Oldcity gives good advice .

You have a great web site midtenn.  I am not pullin' the trigger on anything like what I posted.  In some ways its attractive though.  But I understand where everyone is coming from.

I've seen these machines advertised too much on CL.  I really believe that this is a biz op.  As a matter of fact, I met with a person who was selling off her route of 4 machines that looked very similar to this last year.  Apparently, she had acquired the machines through a biz op.  She was selling them because she was starting a new business.  However, she was making lots of money off of her route (full time).  The only reason why I did not purchase her route is because she was asking for too much money for it.  I think that she was trying to recoup some of her funds from the biz op.  She also did not have favorable things to say about her locator.  This person located most of her machines in another city nearly 60 miles away which became a hassle for her and the contracts were shady.

I turned down the offer to purchase her route but, with God's help and guidance, I was able to purchase a much cheaper route near my house from another vendor who was downsizing and it's been a blessing for me.

Weigh the information you have received, pray about it and make your own decision.  Do not move with haste or out of desperation to get into full line.  There will always be people around who want to downsize their full line routes for health reasons, retirement, rising gas prizes, etc.  Those are the best people to purchase from when breaking into full line vending.  You can find them on CL.  The rewards are endless but you work much harder in full line.

Thank you for the feed back Yvette.  I appreciate it.  I am not ready to anything with full line as yet.  I am sure this is a biz op that I posted also.  Somewhere down the line I would like to enhance my cashflow from bulk with let's say 5 or 6 locations with combos makin' money for T Bird Vending. Originally I was going into full line to start my vending career last summer but changed my mind by October '07 and then found Vendiscuss.  The rest is history..............;)

I would never do a package deal with Full line.(Or bulk for that matter) Locating yourself is a must no matter what kind of vending you do. The location makes the money not the machine. Cherry pick the best spots yourself. As far as what kind of machine to get?:huh:? - I use soda machines for the local bottler. Snack machines I buy from Wittern. They are only 90 or so miles form me. Its nice that Im in the same state also so I pay sales tax up front on the equipment. I cant get my butt in a jam later that way.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I are headed to Florida for a few days. I think I am gonna stop in and see this guy Tom Kiernan who owns the company in the first post. His office is in Pompano. He is actually from where I live now. I am not looking to make any committments with this guy. But I do want to meet him. Cant hurt.

LOL! Looks like you scared him away John! I'd bet no one ever tried to "come to him" like you have. That's classic! :D

Steve

You know I think youre right Steve.  Because when I first mentioned I am coing to Florida and would like to sit with him and talk there was like a silence for a moment or two........lol.  Oh well.........I am back to concentrating on getting to 75 bulk locations before year's end.

I'm kinda glad you scared him away John. That sounded way to much like a biz-op for my liking. Any reputable company will sell you machines one at a time. Generally when someone wnats to do packages, it is because they think you will not buy from them again. They want to squeeze as much out of you as possible first (and only) try.

Ted

I'm kinda glad you scared him away John. That sounded way to much like a biz-op for my liking. Any reputable company will sell you machines one at a time. Generally when someone wnats to do packages, it is because they think you will not buy from them again. They want to squeeze as much out of you as possible first (and only) try.

Ted

Youre right Ted.  I am glad he ran away also.  This way now I can forget this biz op that has had me thinking about it for way too long a period of time.