transporting question need answer tonight if possible

I won a soda machine on ebay and i was going to transport the machine with my dads pull behind trailor but he says we cant transport the soda machine standing up and down that we would have to transport it laying on its back or side. WIth this effect or damage the machine in any way transporting it a short trip/

Thanks guys

Shawn

Shawn,

Yes....upright is the preferred way to transport your soda machine. You have to wait before plugging the soda machine in as the oil in the compressor needs to settle. If you were to plug it in right away going from the machine laying on its back to the upright position you would  likely blow the compressor. I prefer to wait 24 hours and thats by choice, the times could be shorter check with the mfg. Hope this helps

Brian

Summit Vending LLC  

You can lay it on it's back to transport it if you have to. Make sure you stand it up and let it stand for 24-48 hours before you plug it in. That will allow time for the lubricants in the motor and compressor to re-settle. I have moved two old machines this way (one move was 300 miles) and I haven't had any problems. I left them 48 hours to be safe.

I'm not disputing the validity of these theories, in fact, I have also always let machines (and even air conditioners) sit upright for 24 hours before operating them, but let me raise an interesting question that I never thought about...

If you laid a machine down for transport and it was in that position for, lets say, an hour, then why should it take 24 hours for the fluids to return to where they were an hour ago? ;)

Just something to think about.

Steve

That's a valid question Steve. I have always had mine lying down longer than an hour. For me it was three or four hours and in one case about 300 miles. I got the informnation from a fellow who has been vending for thirty six years. I only had about six months under my belt so I didn't question it.

You may well be right, but I would still leave it for 24 hours. I wouldn't want the hassle of a blown compressor.

Ted

Yea, I would much rather be safe than sorry as well. Having a machine down, (not collecting money) for 24 hours is much better than having to replace the compressor.

I just thought I'd ask the question. It never really occurred to me until I was reading this thread.

Steve

If you are into refridgerated vending, you might want to take a little course on refrigeration. The system is sealed and the compressor oil is kinda thick. Best bet is to let it stand upright for 24-48 hours before starting.The machines are designed to be run upright.

If you're into community forums, you might want to take a little course in online etiquette.

Was your first line really necessary? Especially for your first post? Granted, It's hard to determine the tone in a written post so I may be way off base but it appeared to be a bit condescending. If I am reading too much into it then I apologize. I'm coming off a 31 hour day with only 5 hours sleep! :D

At any rate, Welcome to the board! It appears that you have some knowledge in refrigeration and your input could prove very useful. Please introduce yourself in the "Welcome new members" section.

Back to the original question, Shawn, how did everyting go with your machine?

Steve